Realtor / Newbie Investor from Middle Tennessee

Realtor / Newbie Investor from Middle Tennessee

Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

My name is Rodney Hill and I am a Real Estate Agent in Middle Tennessee. I primarily deal in SFRs in and around Putnum, Overton, White, and Van Buren county. I am excited to join the BP community and hope to learn as much as possible from experienced investors. I am currently in the process of setting up financing to start investing myself. By being active in the Forums and using BP, my goal is make new contacts and build mutually beneficial relationships. 

I became a Real Estate Agent in the summer of 2015 and have gained a lot of experience in that time. I am from Middle TN and know the area well. I have always been a numbers driven person and brought substantial knowledge and insight from my previous career as a Licensed Nurse. I worked for a Home Medical Equipment company and traveled to patient's homes in Middle TN. This gave me an even better grasp on the local market and neighborhoods. Long story short, I injured my back and am no longer able to do that job. So, I switched into Real Estate. It was always something that intrigued and fascinated me. I love going to different homes, seeing the vast differences in quality and layout, comparing them to the local market, and putting it all together to make a "big picture".

My largest challenge so far is developing an effective marketing system. As anyone with any incite into Real Estate can tell you, Marketing Is The Key To Real Estate. I am currently preping a marketing campaign to start in March. If marketing is not a primary focus for you, you can not make it this business. I plan to be in the Real Estate Industry for the rest of my life. I will become a Broker and a successful investor.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Rodney Hill

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed Welcome to BP! This is a great place to network and learn. I'd suggest doing a search to see if there are any BP meetups in your area, as they are a great way to begin meeting investors and others. If not, you might start one! have fun on the site, good luck. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Karen Margrave 

    Thank you for the suggestion Karen, I will look into it. That was a quick reply by the way. I am glad to see that there are active moderators.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.