TCU Baseball alum interested in Real Estate

TCU Baseball alum interested in Real Estate

Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 5 votes

Hello BiggerPockets,

My name is Garrett Crain, I am a TCU baseball alum and a May 2016 graduate. I have become very interested in learning about Real Estate in the recent months. I would love to connect with all of you and am very excited about learning from you! Good luck in all your endeavors!

Sincerely,

Garrett Crain

1Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Garrett Crain

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. You got to the right place to learn more about REI. There are plenty more resources you can find under Education from how to's, blogs from our experts and podcasts. Good luck and all the best

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Juneau, AK · Member since 2015 · 980 posts · 741 votes
    10y

    Wow! Welcome... We have some neat sports folks in REI and on BP (Chad Carson, former Clemson Football Captain, just one example)...

    You may have some of the most recent national DI creds, though, with your recent college world series experience as starting 2nd baseman...

    I read this inspiring story and think you will be successful no matter what:

    http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2014-06-...

    Even when you get off the sports field, there are lots of great lessons for business (I did an nice interview with Chad, above, in my blog on his insights on team work, etc)..

    I did the Friday Night Lights thing (in the Odessa Permian/Mojo heyday, 1991 16-0, we won state game champ vs future NFL leading rusher....) and what I tell my students is after awhile, it may be just you and maybe some teammates and die hard fans who remember what you did on the field, but you keep those memories alive in your head--but that is enough, and it is like rocket fuel for your trajectory in other fields... so you have new highlight films ahead.

  • Chad CarsonPro Member
    Investor · Clemson, SC · Member since 2008 · 179 posts · 156 votes
    10y

    Hey @Garrett Crain. 

    Welcome to BP. This is the right place to be to learn. 

    I recommend a few places to start:

    1. The Ultimate Begginer's Guide

    2. The BP Blog (I post article there, too. Here is a list of my articles)

    3. The forums.  Type questions you have, follow topics you're interested in, and ask people (like me) questions by typing my name. I have an alert that notifies me when that happens. This is a really great resource that can answer just about any issues you have (for free).

    Best of luck!

    Chad 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.