New member from New York/Northern NJ

New member from New York/Northern NJ

Nanuet, NY · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 12 votes

Hi everyone! I'm 23 years old and just getting started in real estate investing (and life on my own!). I'm from Nanuet, NY (Rockland County) but I'm particularly interested in investing in the Northern New Jersey area. I'm currently looking for a 'house hack' property in Montclair, NJ.

I've been reading a ton of the education materials on the site, bought a few books, and have been listening to the podcasts for about a month. I'm very excited to continue learning while I look for my first property and look forward to hearing from all of you about your experiences.

1Reply
9 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jen Boyd

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is great to see you hear.

  • Investor and Architect · Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2010 · 305 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    welcome jen!

    I am in a similar area. Check out the podcasts and forums.

    Best wishes 

  • Real Estate Agent · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Hi Jen, Welcome! My wife and I live and invest in Montclair. Feel free to contact me if you would like to meet up to chat over coffee. Ian
  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 631 votes
    10y

    Hi @Jen Boyd

    Welcome to BP and a great time to start in the Real Estate Biz with rates and prices currently

    A lot of great education, networking and opportunities on here to choose from. Let me know if I can assist.

    Regards,

    Joe Scorese

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.