Bowling Green, KY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
Hello BiggerPockets, my name is David. I currently live in Kansas City, Missouri but will be moving to Bowling Green, Kentucky by summer. I'm a web and mobile developer, and looking to become a real estate investor in my free time. I think I'm going to start with a few live-in house flips and then branch out to some rental properties in the future.
I have been thinking about picking up a rental property or two for a while now, but got serious about it at the beginning of this year when I stumbled across Real Estate Investing For Dummies in a library. Once I started flipping through the book I began my online search and found BiggerPockets through Google search. Since then I have been blowing through the podcasts one after the other, trying to learn as much as I can and prepare myself. I really enjoy the blogs and look forward to discussing and learning everything about real estate investing. I'm also very interested in talking with other live-in house flippers to try to be as prepared as possible for this summer. Thanks!
Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
10y
@David Parker welcome to BP and the REI community. Welcome to the Bluegrass state. If you don't need the money to pay your bills from REI that is a plus. It helps you able to build your business in the background. Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck with all your future REI ventures.
Bowling Green, KY · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
10y
@Jim Wilcox thank you very much! I really enjoy the web and mobile development that I do. Its a hobby that I get paid for. I'm hoping to do the same with real estate investing. Best of luck to you as well.