Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
Hi,
My name is Adam from Raleigh, Nc. I'm new to the site. I stumbled across Brandon Turner's site which led me to Bigger Pockets about a week ago. I'm new to real estate investing but have already gained tons of knowledge and more confidence in just one week of looking around the site, listening to the podcasts, and reading the beginner's guide. I'm actually a full time Chiropractor in my area who's looking to start out in the Multi Family arena at whatever pace I can with my free time. I have 2 children under 2 and a business so time is definitely limited but would like to start building a foundation to create cash flow for future retirement. I actually love what I do so I'm not looking to stop working but would like certainly like the freedom that real estate can eventually provide so that I'm not solely reliant on my practice for income. Anyone with any knowledge on my local market when it comes to small multifamily, your input is appreciated.
Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 39 votes
10y
Adam,
Welcome to BP, I live in Raleigh as well slim picking for multi family here in city. I would suggest you read, view and many BP podcast/books as possible. Be patience, it took me 2months to locate my Triplex in Kenly. In time it will come together, Im still looking for a local group. Best of luck...
Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
10y
Thanks man, I've noticed there's not a whole lot in the Raleigh area when it comes to small multi family. I've seen listings within a couple of hours but haven't done any evaluations yet. Just trying to get educated first before I jump in. Good luck to you as well and keep in touch.
Rental Property Investor · Durham / Raleigh (Triangle), NC · Member since 2015 · 840 posts · 801 votes
10y
Hello Adam... I'm also seeking multi-family properties in Raleigh / Durham - however, I've yet to find anything at a price and in a location that is ideal. But I'll continue the search... Just note that you are not likely to find such a property listed on the MLS. It will almost certainly only come to you as a result of marketing and networking.
Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 4 votes
10y
Hi guys also in the Raleigh-Durham area and have seen the same thing. The realtor I have started working with basically said there is not a lot in this area, particularly as Jonathan said, on the MLS. It's mainly SFH with a few duplexes/triplexes/quads and then not much until you hit larger apartment buildings. If you go west there are more opportunities but I am interested in staying local.