Real Estate Agent/Investor from Austin, Texas

Real Estate Agent/Investor from Austin, Texas

Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hi, I'm Marivel Fortenberry and am a mother of five with a passion for real estate. So, thrilled I finally joined!  I heard about bigger pockets a couple years ago from my husband who is a fan also.  The podcasts have been instrumental in my own real estate endeavor. I am a real estate agent/professional in Austin with a broad background pertaining to real estate. I come from a family of residential and commercial real estate contractors. I have owned and operated a title company, managed a small investment firm and managed a real estate law firm. I am looking forward to meeting others who I can learn from and grow as an investor. My next goal is to add a multi-family property to the mix. Glad to be on board.

2Reply
34 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    10y

    @Marivel Fortenberry

    Sounds like you will have some great experiences to share with the BP community.

    Welcome to BP, when you want to tag someone use the @ symbol. Start to type their name and it should pop up. Click on it and their name should appear blue.

    After someone has written something you like give them a vote.

    If you search for what you need you will probably find it, if you don't feel free to ask the BP community.

    And remember

    *DFTBA*
    Don't Forget To Be Awesome

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    John, Thanks for the tag and the info. It is very helpful.  I appreciate as much advise on learning the BP system that I can get.  I'm looking forward to getting know the BP community.  

  • Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Marivel Fortenberry Welcome to BP. I do some investing in Austin as well. Glad to have you on board!

  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 39 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Marivel Fortenberry ! It seems like you're already using BP to its full advantage by upgrading to the Pro Account. I really enjoy using the keyword alerts so I can join discussions that peak my interests. 

    Feel free to ask any questions, you'll usually get an answer within a couple of hours by someone!

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @John Van Uytven

    @Chris Z.

    @Nasar Bhegani

    Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm sure I will be in touch. 

  • Appraiser · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 162 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Marivel Fortenberry and hello from Austin.

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Randon B. Thank you and hello to you from Austin.

  • Financial Advisor · Glendora, CA · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 94 votes
    10y

    Hi Marivel,

    I'm currently in the process of buying three properties in Atlanta but I do want to make my way back to austin.  I have one rental in San Antonio.  Please PM me.  I would need to find property management as well.  

    Thanks

    Yooch

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Hi yoochul C I am a property management company in metro Atlanta and would love to discuss your needs, Thanks!
  • Insurance Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    Hello there @Marivel Fortenberry and welcome to BP! I encourage you to setup alerts around your areas of expertise. It sounds like you have a lot to share with the BP community. I'm right down the road in San Antonio, so I'll be following you to pick up the bread crumbs you leave around the site! 

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    10y

    @Marivel Fortenberry Welcome aboard! Like the others have said, it's always great to see someone who has a great background in real estate come to BP to share their knowledge. Looking forward to seeing your contributions in the future!

    Cheers

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Yoochul C. Hi, I will PM you and I can help you with those RE needs.

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Eric H. Hi and thank you. Ha, I do hope to be helpful to others here on the BP board and likewise, I have a lot continual learning to do for my own REI so I'm thrilled to be making new connections.

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Peter MacKercher Thanks for the welcome.  I am looking for to contributing in any way I can.  Cheers!

  • Financial Advisor · Glendora, CA · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 94 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Sal Levin:

    Hi yoochul C
    I am a property management company in metro Atlanta and would love to discuss your needs,
    Thanks!

     Sal,

    What are your fees?  I noticed that most pm's in atlanta charge a tenant placement as well as a monthly fee.  I was leaning on self managing since i'm buying new construction.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.