Newbie from San Diego, CA

Newbie from San Diego, CA

La Jolla, CA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 9 votes

Hello My name is Weiwei and I am a newbie from San Diego, CA.

I moved to La Jolla in 2012 from Boston for a job. I am an avid scuba diver and soon fell in love with this beautiful town. I bought a townhome late 2012, only a few minutes to my work and my favorite dive sites. I was lucky then because the housing market was not warmed up yet and the interest was low.

As a scuba diver, I often dreamed to travel around the world, but with a full time job, it is only a dream.

About a year ago, I came across 'Rich Dad Poor Dad'. The book blew my mind away. I became to know that one could become financial independence with hard work, knowledge, strategy, and discipline. I am determined to achieve what many people have done to accumulate wealth though real estate.

In the past year, I have been reading real estate books and saving money. By chance I came across Bigger Pockets and saw it as viable community with lots of passion to real estate. I hope to get to know more people, learn more knowledge, and start making deals soon.

I am open minded to all investment opportunities, but in particular with multifamily, buy and hold properties, house hacking.

4Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 20 votes
10y

@Weiwei Gao Welcome to BP.. Like minded people for sure. 

I am local let me know if I can help...  @Account Closed here are several local REIA:

www.nsdrei.org

www.sdcia.com

http://www.sandiegoinvestmentclub.comwww.meetup.co...

We also have local meetup's at active Investor properties (in progress, there awesome!)

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Weiwei Gao

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!  

  • La Jolla, CA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Hi Julia Shevchenko actually CV is a good place to dig in. I am interested and learning more of CV.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 390 votes
    10y

    Weiei-

    Just wanted to follow-up and ask if you have done your first deal yet ? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.