New Invester from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

New Invester from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes

hello, I'm Aj Nettles from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I'm currently working a full time job working M-F 9 to 6 off weekends making between 50k-55k per year and I have excellent credit. I haven't done any deals yet but now I think I'm in a good position to start making deals. I'm trying to start off as a house hacker but I'm open to all aspects of real estate investing; wholesaling, flipping, and buy and hold. 

2Reply
20 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets AJ. All the best on your first deal

    BiggerPockets
  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the warm welcome Michael, glad to be apart of biggerpockets

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @AJ Nettles, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    And oh, learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business by checking this quick guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz

    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Dave Visaya awesome thanks for the link
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome aboard AJ and good luck investing!

  • Real Estate Agent · Houma, LA · Member since 2016 · 238 posts · 115 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP from Houma!

    Devour the forums and listen to the podcasts...they possess more details and information than you can imagine. 

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 97 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    Welcome AJ. I started real estate by way of house hacking and have come a long way. I'm sure we will meet soon.

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Clint Galliano thanks, will do!

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Joseph L. thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you, will keep in touch

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Welcome AJ. I'm in Lafayette La and new also. It looks like we will be learning together! Good luck.
  • Investor · Monroe , LA · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP from Monroe!
  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Tara Simms awesome what market niche are you trying to get in first?? Wholesaling, buy n hold, etc.....?

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    i am mainly looking at Buy and Hold properties but because of the expectation of an increase in foreclosures in our area due to the oilfield layoffs, i"m also looking at flips.

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jasmyne M.:

    Welcome to BP from Monroe!

     Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.