I'm officially introducing myself to the REI world- Yikes!

I'm officially introducing myself to the REI world- Yikes!

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi All-

I am a newbie who has been thinking about REI for a very long time and I now have the ability and means to jump in. I am a single mom, I've built 2 houses (which I've lived in and also rented out), and I've done a major renovation on my current house. I am super excited to get going and be able to create a future doing something I love : HOUSES! I have just ordered the Book on Rental Property Investing and also The Book on Flipping, have been surfing BP for a couple of weeks now, and joined the Atlanta REIA. What next??

Thanks to everyone here for making this such an educational venue and a place to ask all the right questions! 

1Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Account Closed!  Your certainly doing the right thing by joining this community.  There is a lot of education available on the forums for free, so take advantage.  Set-up some "Keyword Alerts" so that you are alerted about topics or locations your interested in (e.g. flipping, atlanta, 30324, etc...).   If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to others here on the forums as well.

    Also, I recommend attending a BP meet-up.  I have attended several and the in-person networking cannot be replaced.  I find them by using keyword alerts (meetup, meet-up, atlanta), but you also search a specific area of the forums dedicated to this here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    Good luck!

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hi @Account Closed and welcome to BP. BP is a great source in connecting with other real estate investors. You can learn alot from this site. I wish you best of luck. You are not alone in your real estate ambition. 

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed

    Welcome. Congrats on the success. Atlanta is in the top 10 US markets for student housing.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP's newest book here some good due diligence and step by step what happens at REIA meeting in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2009 · 352 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the BP Forum Liz! Look forward to networking with you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.