New Member from San Diego, California - Damon

New Member from San Diego, California - Damon

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
Hi everyone! I am new to Bigger Pockets and upgraded to pro after catching the end of Brandon's webinar last night!! I live in San Diego, California and am new to real estate investing. I started in 2012 with my own condo in Escondido, California, sold it last year, took the capital and invested in two condos with cash flow. It's a small win, but something resonated with me. This is great!! How can I make this scalable?? I learned (through BP) that there are better ways to invest in real estate, but knowing is half the battle. I am ADDICTED to Bigger Pockets podcasts and purchased several books from BP (and recommended books from guests on the podcast) to learn different ways to purchase real estate. Although I have a full-time job, I am hungry to learn about real estate investing and looking for opportunities to intern to learn from season veterans in REI. I'm excited to learn and feed off of everyone's energy. I hope to connect with all of you soon! Damon
1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

Welcome and great to have you in the community @Damon Allen

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome and great to have you in the community @Damon Allen

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    welcome to BP Damon! I'm from San Diego as well and working on a couple projects currently. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or if u want to get together. 

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    Hi Damon,

    Nice to have you I took a webinar my first yesterday with Scott trench. It was enlightening. I like the San Diego market quite a bit. We actually funded some blanket condo loans a while ago for an investor of ours who has non warrantable condos as the occupancy is mostly made of renters near San Diego state. He has done so well with the them minus the  once a week calls from tennants in the wee hours. Where in San Diego are looking next? I personally think national city has some value added properties that my other investors have done well with. 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Jo-Ann Lapin, I like National City and have been looking there too.  My thoughts are East of downtown San Diego.  I've noticed that downtown San Diego is increasing in price and it continues to push East.  I use to live in East Village a couple years ago and it was not the safest with the homeless, but it is absolutely gorgeous now!  I have a condo in Logan Heights and it was rented with ease.  I purchased another condo in Escondido and something clicked - How can I do this x100!!  My issue now is capital.  Thanks, Jo-Ann!

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    i understand. I would obviously need far more details from you. Did you look at my profile?

  • Independent Insurance Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    @Damon Allen Congratulations on both finding BP and beginning your investing career.  Make sure you attend the San Diego investor clubs...NSDREI, FIBI, SDCIA,

    and on top of that, every month myself on the last Saturday, @Tim G. host educational networking events at current projects (flips, small multis...etc).

    We hope to see you there.

  • Investor · Escondido, CA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Nice job Damon! I'm in Escondido and own condos as well, currently working with a good buddy that's a broker to help with deals and find new props for flipping. Maybe we can meet up and chat to talk shop. Are you in Escondido?

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 664 posts · 231 votes
    10y

    @Damon Allen welcome to BP. There's lots of good people on here from the local area. As @Parker Cox said, you should come check out the North San Diego Real Estate Investors Club. Our next meeting is on April 19. If you haven't been to a meeting then join our group on Meetup and we'll send you an invite to attend your first meeting for free. Hope to see you there.

  • CA · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    @Damon Allen Hi Damon I second @Bruce May attending NSDREI; great networking opportunities and education.   Reach out anytime!

    Cheers,

    Michael 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Parker Cox, @Bruce May, and @Account Closed, 

    Thank you for the recommendation for North San Diego Real Estate Investor Club (NSDREI).  I checked meet ups in San Diego and found NSDREI.  It might be a little tough for me to attend since I work in La Jolla, but I will do my best to attend since many have went out of the way to reach out.  I appreciate it!  

    @ross

    @Ross Y., I currently live in Cardiff, but I am interested to meet up!  I will PM you. 

  • CA · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    @Damon Allen I'm in Encinitas PM if you want to do coffee and meet up

    Michael 

  • La Jolla, CA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    hi @Damon Allen welcome to BP. I live in La Jolla and look for projects. I should be pretty close to you. PM me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.