Newbie from Fort Myers fl,

Newbie from Fort Myers fl,

Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone!

My name is Shanda! I'm orginally from northern Georgia, but currently living in the Fort Myers Florida area. I am extremely new to everything, and that is why I am here to learn as much as I can about how everything works! My husband and I have been thinking about getting into the real estate business and house hacking! For right now I just want to learn as much as I can, and to meet new people along the way!

*I am working on getting a profile picture up! I can't seem to upload one from my phone, which is where I'm doing all my posting for now.

2Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

@Shanda Coddington

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 200 votes
    10y

    @Shanda Coddington

    Welcome to BP!  It's good to see fellow Fort Myers investors on the site. Be sure to dig around the site, because you will indeed find some gold!

    Let me know if I can ever help you out!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! You found the right place! I am willing to help as well!

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks! I have been reading non stop for 2 days now! I didnt know i would have people so close willing to help! I am defiently excited to start this adventure!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Shanda Coddington

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BiggerPockets Shanda, I wish you all the best of luck on your future endeavors!
  • Engineer · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Shanda welcome to this amazing community, I think you find the perfect place to learn and find all the tools necessary to start in this business. 

    Me an another group of investors started last week a meeting session in Fort Myers where we can share ideas and knowledge. If you want to join us will be very good, it's free and works very well to do some networking. I will be sending you a request to keep in touch. 

    Also I'm always ready to help with everything I can 

    Enjoy your learning journey and get Reay to start soon 

  • Investor · St. Louis Mo · Member since 2015 · 211 posts · 129 votes
    10y
    Shanda Coddington welcome to BP! Your location is exactly where I would like to have a get-away home someday!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.