Rookie Investor from Philadelphia

Rookie Investor from Philadelphia

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 17 votes

Hello, BP,

My name is William Reid and I am a novice investor in Philly.  I am working on purchasing my first property which will be a multi unit that I will be house hacking.  Very excited to get into the real estate business.  My goal is at least two buy and hold properties by December.

I went ahead and signed up for the Pro earlier this week.  I'm committed!  

I have been to a few of the Philly real estate investor meetings and am planning on making it part of my routine to get involved.  Looking forward to meeting and learning from some of you.

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
10y

Hi @William Reid! Where is the investor's meetup that you mentioned? I'd love to make it out there if possible

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @William Reid , you're off to a great start and good luck on the first deal

    BiggerPockets
  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hello @William Reid and welcome to BP. BP is a great place to learn about real estate investing. BP offers free online educational videos and courses. BP also has it's own podcast in itunes for you to listen to. You came to the right place and I wish you best of luck.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hi @William Reid! Where is the investor's meetup that you mentioned? I'd love to make it out there if possible

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 17 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Brian Bond:

    Hi @William Reid! Where is the investor's meetup that you mentioned? I'd love to make it out there if possible

     @Brian Bond the next meeting is tonight at 6pm! Check out the calendar at digonline.org. Great association and I've learned a lot from the members. 

  • Wholesaler · West Deptford, NJ · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Hi William,

    Welcome to BP & best of luck in the Philadelphia market. I am also a member of DIG, hopefully we'll meet up at one of the networking events. It's a great organization with a lot of helpful members. 

    Bob

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.