Newbie in Puyallup Washington

Newbie in Puyallup Washington

Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes

I am completely new to real estate.  Yes, I've watched the fixer upper shows on HGTV, but l realize there is so much more going on behind the scenes. I have no capital, no savings,  and extremely bad credit. I am looking to learning the tools required to remedy that situation. 

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Yakima, WA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 3 votes
10y

Welcome to Biggerpockets neighbor!  Im also in Puyallup.  You found a great place to learn. There is a BP meetup group that meets regularly.  You should check it out. Let me know if you have any questions.   :)

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Yakima, WA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets neighbor!  Im also in Puyallup.  You found a great place to learn. There is a BP meetup group that meets regularly.  You should check it out. Let me know if you have any questions.   :)

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi, Olivia. Thank you for reaching out.   I have lots of questions.  When is the next meetup meeting?  Also,  do you know anything about renatus?  That's how I found this community by looking for information. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Puyallup, WA · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 95 votes
    10y

    @Brookley Maynard,

    Contact @Kevin C. for dates and information about the meet ups. They just had one on Monday. There are a lot of investors around the Puyallup and Pierce county area. If you have any questions feel free to send me and email or call. Good luck

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Brookley Maynard

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you,  Paul.  I've already downloaded the first one.   I'll check out the others.

  • Lakewood, WA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome Brookley from George M Luzer investor in Lakewood wa

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi George!  How long have you been into investing?

  • Cailyn AunePro Member
    Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 88 votes
    10y
    Welcome Brookley! Whereabouts in Puyallup are you? I'm in Tacoma but my husbands family is in South hill off of Shaw. Love Puyallup! Looks like you have some legwork ahead of you.... ! Glad that isn't scaring you off. There is a lot you can look up regarding credit repair. I would also suggest reading up in the personal finance forums. You can do this! There is always someone else out there with a story worse than our own, who has been successful. So no excuses...! You can do this! Good Luck!
  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you,  Cailyn!  I'll definately check out the personal finance forum.   I didn't know it existed. 

  • Investor · tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Brookley Maynard welcome to BP!  Have you joined a local credit union?  The reason I ask is, they have fresh start programs to help repair you credit.  I would also recommend Clark Howard podcasts (where I learned about it) so you can pick up tips on saving money, improving your credit and avoiding scams.

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Really? No I haven't even thought to go into a bank/ credit union for help. Thank you. I'll put that on my schedule for this week. 

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I really want to express my gratitude to all who have posted here with advice.  I mention earlier that I like the community aspect of renatus, and that was a huge selling point for me.  So I'm glad to know that I have a community here,  and I don't have to pay a boatload for it.  

    Btw,  does anyone know if there is a way to download the podcasts or trainings?   I commute to Bellevue thru the week to my w-2 job and would love to listen while I drive without using up all my data streaming. 

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2016 · 154 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    Welcome, @Brookley Maynard! I don't know about downloading the other trainings, but for sure the podcasts are available to download. I subscribe to the BP podcast (and many others) through iTunes, which definitely allows for downloading versus just streaming. 

    Good luck with your real estate dreams -- this is definitely the place to be for community support and information! 

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank-you for your response Jennifer.

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank-you so much Jennifer!  I went to iTunes,  and it actually makes my drive less boring,  plus I'm spending about 3-5 a day learning something new.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.