Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
Hello RE people!!...I am Fanny-Olga from New York city, currently a self employed & getting my feet wet on the RE investing industry. I would like to invest in Florida (Yes, I took a course in tax lien & tax deed) and hoping to learn from the pros. i am particularly interested in Volusia county.
Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
10y
Hi Trish!...Thank you!!..>Getting my feet wet on this....Yes i am interested, it is so much to learn don't know where to start....I have an small investment capital that i can buy deeds (i was thinking of voles county i know the area my sis lives in Daytona), but a property light fix it & put it for rental or a quick sale and on...what do you think...i have registered in few websites but still just navigating in them...
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
10y
Hi @Fanny-olga Calderon and welcome to BP. BP is a great place to start for real estate investing. It allows you to network with other investors while getting the answers you need on real estate. Congratulations, you came to the right place.
Wholesaler · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 333 posts · 144 votes
10y
@Fanny- I have experience involving thousands of tax liens in Florida. Many different counties. I will help you as much as possible when you have questions or need help. Welcome aboard!
Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
10y
Trish, Hi Fanny here again..i have been thinking (in addition to buying property in Volusia) about dade (miami dade right?)...let me know how that works..i am interested in buying tax deeds...Thank you!..hope to hear from you!
Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
10y
I need help people!!!!....I am trying to buy some properties via grantstreet.com (deed auctions)...how can obtain the actual address of the property i am interested in by seeing the parcel#/tax #...I am looking at palm beach listing...Please help me!!!! THANK YOU ALLLL
Royal Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 127 posts · 44 votes
10y
Hi @Fanny-olga Calderon welcome to BP. As @Jorge Zea mentioned pbc.gov/papa (PAPA) is awesome. Yes the section where it says Property Detail shows you the address to the property. You will also see the owners name and mailing address, sales history, information about the property like zoning and square footage, and the best part is if you click on "view map" you can see all the neighboring properties and information about those as well.
PAPA is definitely a great tool for Palm Beach investors.
Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
10y
Ivan, Jorge Thank you Guys!!! Awesome. one last questions..how & where can i obtain info on the rental average prices for an apartment i am intending to purchase?..I need to know about the taxes & how much is the rental average so i don't overprice my rentals...Thank you again....
Woodside, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 2 votes
10y
hello People!!...It is me Fanny again...I need help...DESPERATEDLY!! I am assisting to an tax deed auction very very soon in Florida, there is a vacant lot starting for about 5000 US. but the county's assesed value is of 13000 US. The neighborhood is a great one a bit upscale. I am thinking to de-forest the lot (it is a jungle) but i am just worried about the assessed price. I don't intend to build but to just re-sell it once a vacant is cleaned & available...Is this a good investment. Why so low the assesed price in contrast with a good neighborhood &a nice area?...can the "assessed price" raise once the little jungle lot is de-forested and put back in the market?...i don't get it....Help please, ideas, comments, warning...they are all welcome.....thank you in advance...i hope some of you are awake. i need to know..auction is tomorrow
Investor · Wonder Lake, IL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
10y
Good Morning Fanny :) Have you tried to look on Zillow or Trulia for recent sales on lots in that neighborhood? Or contacting an agent in the area for comps? From what I've seen in most areas, the assessed values are not indicative of what a property will sell for. Also, do you have an idea of what the de-foresting will cost? I would make sure that's figured into your maximum bid. Hope that helps and good luck!
Consultant · Ball Ground, GA · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 100 votes
10y
@Fanny-olga Calderon The assessed value is a good start. Set your limit on what you want to pay for that property. I would think that you want to get the property at 5-6k so that you can offer it at a discount to your future buyer. For example: 13k assessed value with a 20% discount would be $10,400 price to sell. You want to flip this fast so offer the discount. I hope this helps.