Flipper, Wholesaler, Investor from the Bay Area

Flipper, Wholesaler, Investor from the Bay Area

Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote

Hi, my name is Elaine Kowalski. I am an investor from the Bay Area, California. Together with my friend, also named Elaine (Bonini), we own E2 Property Ventures, LLC. We are investors, flippers, wholesalers, and would like to be buying and holding by the end of this year.

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Escrow Officer · Temecula, Ca. · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 152 votes
10y

Welcome!! I am an investor friendly escrow officer and I have a nice network of investors I work with statewide and I can close the escrows statewide, as well. 

Let me know how I can help!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dylan VargasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 625 posts · 336 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Elaine Kowalski. Are you interested in Northern California outside the Bay Area? Dylan.

  • Investor · Brentwood, CA · Member since 2012 · 139 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hi @Elaine Kowalski, Welcome to BP.

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Dylan. Yes, we will venture outside the Bay Area. We just did a deal in Citrus Heights, which is 90 min from our base. This, of course, depends on the deal. We are based in Benicia, so if we are going to flip a house, we are most comfortable if it is within an hour or so from there. I think at this point, anything beyond that would have to be something we could wholesale. I see you are from Chico. I hear that's a great place for investing. I fear it may be a little too far for our comfort, but as I said, it would depend on the deal.

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Naveed. I see that you are close by and that you might be open to a JV. My partner and I are always on the lookout for properties and potential JV partners. If you find a property, keep us in mind and we will do the same. Let us know if you want to arrange a meeting. If you've got the time, we'll buy you cup of coffee.

  • Real Estate Professional · Campbell, CA · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    @Elaine Kowalski welcome. I am an investor friendly agent in the South Bay. If you should need anything around this area please feel free to reach out. I can help!

  • Investor · Brentwood, CA · Member since 2012 · 139 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hi @Elaine Kowalski, definitely lets meet. I will PM you and may be we can setup sometime this week or next.

  • Toronto ON, Canada · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Hi @Elaine Kowalski welcome to BP. Congratulations on your deal in Citrus Heights CA. I used to live in Folsom CA back in the day and have some knowledge about the surrounding areas. I haven't done any deals yet but I am interested in potential deals with-in a 2 hr drive of Bay Area (which is where I live now). Sacramento and surrounding areas are also on my radar in addition to Merced CA.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 338 posts · 135 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!  How did you deal in Citrus Heights go?

  • Architect · Raleigh-Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Elaine Kowalski ! My partner and I are always looking for good JV partners in the area. Glad you spoke up about that. Let's grab some coffee to see if there are future opportunities for us. Enjoy BP!

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Erick, I have you in my contacts and will let you know if we get anything out that way, and... If you ever have a problem house that you need to sell...

    Also, I'll be in Campbell in a couple of weeks for my son's Volleyball tournament (he's got sports tournaments in Campbell a couple of times a year), so we get to spend the day in your cool little town. We enjoy it every time. It's a great area. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Vamshi and Derek,  

    The Citrus Heights deal went really well after we found the right Escrow company.  It was a wholesale deal. Seller was on board, my partner found a buyer within an hour, everyone was ready to go... Except the escrow company. They came back a week after opening escrow and told us they don't do assignments of contracts anymore. Very frustrating. Once we got it moved to the right escrow company, we were done in a week. Lesson learned.

  • Escrow Officer · Temecula, Ca. · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    Welcome!! I am an investor friendly escrow officer and I have a nice network of investors I work with statewide and I can close the escrows statewide, as well. 

    Let me know how I can help!

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome, @Elaine Kowalski. Our Bay Area crew on BP is quite active and friendly, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone. 

    @Shannon Wright is indeed both investor friendly, and even "extra BS that Chris M makes me do" tolerant. :P

  • Escrow Officer · Temecula, Ca. · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 152 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chris Mason:

    Welcome, @Elaine Kowalski. Our Bay Area crew on BP is quite active and friendly, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone. 

    @Shannon Wright is indeed both investor friendly, and even "extra BS that Chris M makes me do" tolerant. :P

     Thanks, Chris! Lol 

  • Lender · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 80 votes
    10y

    There are programs offering up to 90% on flips.  On the other hand, for your non flips if you can commit to a 3 year hold you can get rates in the 7.99% range.  Lots of options these days!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · San Mateo, CA · Member since 2013 · 585 posts · 264 votes
    10y

    @Elaine Kowalski welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start! Congrats on the success.

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    @Elaine Kowalski What is the market like in your area?

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Shannon and Chris. Shannon, after our escrow crisis on the Citrus Heights property, you may be hearing from us. Chris, I've got you down too.  When I've got some time to shop loans again, I'll be in touch. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Judy, I've got a lender that will lend me 90% on my flips. Would love to get an idea of your rates, points and fees for a 90% loan. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Landis:

    @Elaine Kowalski welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start! Congrats on the success.

     Thanks Ryan. It's been fun so far. We are currently looking at a property in San Mateo. Maybe you'll be hearing from us. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Vick Galu:

    @Elaine Kowalski What is the market like in your area?

     Hi Vick, 

    Right now, the Bay Area is still hot. We are currently flipping a house in Vallejo, which is a lower end area, and our comps have increased almost $30,000 since we purchased it less than 2 months ago. We're about to put it on the market and we're anticipating multiple offers and feel confident it will sell fast. 

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    @Elaine Kowalski Thanks for the speedy reply (: Could tell me he details on the challenges you had to go through with this property? Also what is your best guess on how much longer you will have to hold the property before its sold?

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Vick 

    @Vick Galu So far, the rehab itself has gone pretty smoothly. We should be done by Friday, so hopefully our luck will hold. As with our deal in Citrus Heights, our biggest troubles on this deal were with the escrow company. There isn't really any one incident that I can point to. It was just an ongoing series of frustrating delays that had nothing to do with the process and everything to do with the company. They were impossible to get in touch with. The person who began the process for us went on vacation part way through without a word to us and without passing our info on to anyone in the office. They didn't address the fact that there was a deceased person on the title and a trust involved until a couple of days before we were supposed to close, even though they knew a day or so after escrow opened (and we had a 30 day escrow). Just felt like amateur hour with them. 

    As for how much longer we will have to hold the property... We will be pricing it competitively, so our realtor feels we will have multiple offers in the first week. If all goes well, we're hoping for 7 days on the market, a quick escrow, and on to the next deal. 

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    @Elaine Kowalski 7 days wow ! That's great ! thanks for answering my questions Elaine I appreciate the time(: happy investing to you my friend.

    -Vick

  • Real Estate Investor · Benicia, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Vick Galu and happy investing to you my friend. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.