Greetings from Greenville, South Carolina!

7 Replies

Hello All - 

This site was recommended to me, by a friend, and business mentor - he's located in St. Louis. He and I worked together in the corporate world for a couple of years. When I met him in 2010, he told me how he just finished a book (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) that spoke about reaching and attaining financial independence. He told me 6 years ago what his plan was - like most people, I'm not sure if I believed him at the time. Since then, he's quit the corporate world, and is a full-time investor that wholesales, flips, rents, etc. 

I am originally from the Pittsburgh area (Go Steelers!), and I've done a fair amount of travel around the Country for work. My wife and I put roots down in the Greenville, South Carolina area - Simpsonville to be exact. 

I have a mix of entrepreneur and corporate world experience. As an entrepreneur, I have started two online media companies and I own a Website Design business. These buisnesses have provided a very modest income - my primary income comes as corporate man, I have worked with both AT&T and Verizon as a field sales director, as a district and regional manager. 

I'm 34 years young and ready to apply my ambition to Real Estate Investing. I am going to concentrate my investments to South Carolina, the Upstate areas while starting out. Eventually, I will expand my footprint to the Coast, with some properties sprinkled throughout the entire State. 

As a minimum goal, within 5 years, by 2021, I want to have a total NET rental income of $3,500. I plan to flip investments as a source of income, that will eventually be reinvested into long term rentals. I hope to get into wholesaling, as I build a network in Carolina. 

Real Estate is a new space for me, I'm learning everyday about something new. The guy that I spoke about above has been a great mentor, but he's been my only mentor. I'm looking to meet local people that I can bounce ideas off of, connect with, and share success with. If you have a story, I want to hear it. If you've been successful, I want to pick your brain. If you're screwed up, I want to learn from it. 

Here's to a brighter future and greener success! 

Hello @Brian Gossett and let me be the first member to welcome you to BP. What's great about BP is that you can network with other real estate investors from around the world! Not only that, you can also take free online courses and watch online videos! You came to the right place and I wish you all the best.

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

@Brian Gossett - welcome to BP! I'm located it Pittsburgh- Steeler nation! :) my husband and I have rentals here. 

The podcasts on this site are incredible and I can't stress enough for you to start listening to them. That is where I learned (and still learn) a ton in the beginning. I suggest listening to them your commute to/from work - I do that and it's  is definitely a motivator! 

Also search the forums for suggested books to read. I'm not a wholesaler (we own rentals) but ask fellow wholesalers on what they've read to help them understand and learn more about that aspect of the business. I know what we look for from wholesalers, and it's their ability to underwrite each deal. The ARV(after repair value), the work needed, even the area/neighborhood it's in and what properties sell for.

It's good you have a focus on one part of the business. Master that, and move on to the next thing! Best of luck to you! Message me if you'd ever like to learn more. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you