Newbie from Salt Lake City, Utah

Newbie from Salt Lake City, Utah

Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes
Hello BP world! My name is Ruben Aquino, I have decided to become a successful Real Estate Investor! I'm new to Real Estate Investing, I been reading the books from Brandon and hearing the podcasts! BP will be of great use in this adventure, I hope to find good friends in BP and locally that will guide me. I hope to be of use for them in return with the skills I have. My short term goal is to do my first "House Hacking" before July 2016. I found BP through my siblings, one is a REA and the other is also learning REI. -Ruben
3Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 435 posts · 300 votes
10y

welcome @Ruben Aquino to BP. Start going to local RE meet ups like the SLREIA (google it) also there is a BP meetup as well. 

Great strategy going owner occupied I bought my first duplex last July it was a rough road made lots of offers and finally got one. 

Best of luck -Sean 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Developer · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 207 posts · 106 votes
    10y

    @Ruben Aquino Welcome! PM me if you ever want to chat about the Utah market. I'd love to help in any way I can

  • Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 435 posts · 300 votes
    10y

    welcome @Ruben Aquino to BP. Start going to local RE meet ups like the SLREIA (google it) also there is a BP meetup as well. 

    Great strategy going owner occupied I bought my first duplex last July it was a rough road made lots of offers and finally got one. 

    Best of luck -Sean 

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Thank you guys ! This helps a lot !
  • Real Estate Agent · Highland, UT · Member since 2015 · 407 posts · 272 votes
    10y

    Ruben wanting to buy by July you better start looking now. Once you go under contract it takes 30-45 days with most loans.

    What areas are you looking? We have a great local community of BP's. Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cedar City, UT · Member since 2016 · 209 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    Welcome to B.P. @Ruben Aquino Have fun!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Ruben Aquino

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Paul Timmins thanks for the info! The podcasts has been so inspirational and helpful! This is a great community to learn hope to meet more people that are willing to give helpful info
  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 152 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    @Ruben Aquino

    Welcome! Listen to all the podcasts, read the books, forums,blogs and take action!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome aboard @Ruben Aquino

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.