Investor in Texas new to Bigger Pockets forum.

Investor in Texas new to Bigger Pockets forum.

Investor · Hereford, TX · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 42 votes

I am an investor in the Texas Panhandle, I currently live in Hereford TX, and invest in this area.  I am primarily a buy and hold investor.  I bought my first rental about 20 years ago.  My wife and I own and operate a construction company; new construction, remodeling, and roofing. In business about 22 years.  We currently own 32 rental units, which we manage ourselves. 12 single family homes, 4 duplexes, and 4 triplexes.  I discovered the Bigger Pockets Podcasts last year and have learned an incredible amount just listening to them.  Most importantly I learned how much I did not know about real estate investing!

3Reply
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hey David- Welcome to Bigger Pockets! If you are interested in A-Class turnkey single-family rentals I invite you to check out www.areiusa.com. Just awarded Turnkey Provider of the Year for 2016. We specialize in providing turnkey assets in desirable areas where we can attract great tenants and returns for our investors. 

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @David Tiemann, glad to have you here! Let us know how we can help! And you should jump in, the community is pretty great here. You'll love it :)

    BiggerPockets
  • Wholesaler · Midland TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @David Tiemann Do you have any thoughts on the Odessa/Midland area?

  • Investor · Hereford, TX · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 42 votes
    10y
    Thanks guys! Midland and Odessa is a boom/bust area. Depends on the price of oil. My kids go to swim meets there and I would often pick up a local paper to read. A few years back they were getting really high prices for property and rental rates. That has all crashed now. Has here is about $1.80, if it goes back to $3.00 the boom will return.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.