Tech Entrepreneur from Los Angeles, CA Building REI Portfolio

Tech Entrepreneur from Los Angeles, CA Building REI Portfolio

Ray DipasupilPro Member
Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes

Hey Bigger Pockets friends, my name is Ray & I’m a SoCal native running a technology 3D printing/3D printer eCommerce company, EEZITEC, based in Los Angeles, California. My backgrounds are in economics, accounting (CPA candidate), product design, & engineering — I know, quite a lot but I’m a lifelong learner. I’ve worked in varying capacities as a financial analyst, software engineering & product design instructor, & senior design engineer with growing startups to some of the biggest companies out there. Here are some photos of a 3D printed model home my company made.

My interest with real estate investing has always been dormant ever since university, usually an interesting afterthought, due to my already stacked schedule. However, upon meeting the love of life, she awakened the beast within me & I’ve ‘slowly’ accelerated my learning in the past few months. My lady is a real estate investor & she works as a senior financial analyst with the biggest entertainment company in the world (which coincidentally enough, is the place where we first met as co-workers). She’s looking to transition soon into real estate investing full-time, as it is her passion.

My goals in real estate is to grow my & my lady's REI portfolio & also do some rehab projects as we're both hands-on people (as a kid I tinkered a lot with electronics, computers, & cars). Another goal in parallel is also to build a REI portfolio for my family (2 awesome siblings & my parents).

I came to join Bigger Pockets in order to learn from seasoned pros, beginners, & everything else in between & possibly even work with some of you in the future. If you have any questions or would like to just chat about tech & entrepreneurship, feel free to ask me here in the thread (this way other folks can learn too). You can also connect with me on LinkedIn & find more about my what I do here. Cheers, y’all!

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
10y

Hi Ray,

Sounds like you two have a good plan. I am a contractor and full-time real estate investor. We should connect. I have a Meetup Group in Pasadena, Ca called Real Estate Investors' Hard Hat Tours.  We meet on site at one of my projects in the hottest areas of LA (development/flip properties).

Looking forward to connecting with you. This is a team business.

Tim

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    welcome and thank you for the great introduction. Happy to network and assist

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Thank you Jo-Ann! 

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    my pleasure

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 74 votes
    10y

    Sounds like quite an interesting background! Welcome from another n00b!

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    10y
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor · Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 622 votes
    10y

    Hi Ray,

    Sounds like you two have a good plan. I am a contractor and full-time real estate investor. We should connect. I have a Meetup Group in Pasadena, Ca called Real Estate Investors' Hard Hat Tours.  We meet on site at one of my projects in the hottest areas of LA (development/flip properties).

    Looking forward to connecting with you. This is a team business.

    Tim

  • Investment Property Specialist · Santa Clara, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Welcome. If I were you I'd find a niche item that could easily be 3D printed and then custom make it for residential DIYers, construction companies, and handymen.
  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    @Tim Ryan that sounds like a good idea. I'm in Pasadena quite a few times throughout the week. PM'd

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    That's a fantastic idea @Ed LeGrand!

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    10y
  • Lender · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2013 · 74 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Welcome, Ray. My wife and I are in Pasadena, and we'd enjoy getting together with either or both of you.

  • Ray DipasupilPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 149 posts · 51 votes
    9y

    Hello @Bruce Olsen, thank you. Yes, let's all get together. I messaged ya. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.