New investor in the SF Bay Area

New investor in the SF Bay Area

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
I'm Ky, I'm new investor in the Bay Area and looking to connect with professionals to build my team. I went to the Oakland Summit last weekend and all speakers mentioned about bigger pockets, I hope to learn and make the connection to same minded people.
2Reply
3 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Ky Thai

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Ky!

    Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks, Wendy. 

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Hi Ky,

    Welcome to Biggerpockets.  I'm not sure if you knew who just greeted you.  @Wendy Patton is a Lease Option expert.  It's nice to meet you on BP Wendy.

    BP is a good real estate resource. There is no reason to feel overwhelmed. Just treat it like a buffet.  Absorb what you can; the rest may not apply now. Learning is progressive. It builds on itself step by step. By the time you realized it, you have mastered all trades of real estate.

    We, as human, tend to take the path of least resistance. Nevertheless, the path of least resistance will likely turnout to be rockier than we have anticipated or prepared for. Once we realized that the grass is not greener on the other side, the damage has been done. A bad financial decision can set us back a decade. Fortunately, a good financial decision can accelerate us to our financial freedom much faster. 

    Like anything in life.  You get what you put into it.  @J. Martin joined BP after me, but he has over 3000 posts.  His successes speak for themselves.  I encourage you to stay involved in the community and see where BP will lead you.

    Real estate is a rewarding journey if you can put all the pieces together.  Based on my experience, big money is being made in niches.  Find your niche, master it and reap the rewards.  

    Welcome aboard and best of luck.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Ky Thai

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 181 posts · 75 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  This site has been a fantastic tool.  I'm located in Austin Texas and would be happy to answer questions about the local market or property management. 

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Ky Thai,

    It was a great summit, wasn't it!?

    There's a lot of talent and really great people on here. Local bay area crew is especially active and helpful, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone for a second!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2014 · 207 posts · 190 votes
    10y

    Hi Ky,

    Welcome to BP and good luck with your investing.

  • Charlie BrownPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets community @Ky Thai. The Summit this past weekend was fantastic. @Account Closed could not have said it better. BP has a wealth of information and is a fantastic resource.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me to bigger pockets, I wish I knew this platform earlier so I can shorten my path by trying to figure out things by myself, anyhow I will sure utilize and learn as much as I can, appreciate for your sharing and tips!!!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.