Gand Rapids Michigan, Long Time Lurker Ready to Make Moves

Gand Rapids Michigan, Long Time Lurker Ready to Make Moves

Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 7 votes

Hello, I am Matt Brechting, an Engineer living and investing in Grand Rapids. A year ago I bought my first house on the NW side of GR and have been living in it, renting to friends, and house hacking it the entire time. Now I am getting ready to buy a second house (possible multifamily, although there are not tons out there). 
Anyways, I would love to make some contacts and would be interested in working with others to learn a little bit of the ropes and meet more of the industry people before I jump in  as I am processing financing options and looking into a Cashout Refi. But Hello, as I come out of the shadows and get more involved in the forums. So if anyone is looking for a help around the area, or someone to work with, or just someone to talk shop with, Im am here!

Also I work with contractors for my day job, and am not afraid to get dirty and do my own home improvement!

0Reply
21 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Vendor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    @Matt Brechting welcome to BP!  I am a property manager in Grand Rapids and I would be happy to help you as you delve deeper into investing!  Feel free to PM with any questions!

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi Matt, 

    I too live in the Grand Rapids area (SE) and have been house hacking for the past 5 years.  My wife and I are on our 3rd homeowner occupied flip house and do the majority of the work ourselves.

    After 5 years of living in a construction zone, we too are starting to look to complete a cash-out refi on our current house in order to purchase our next house and a rental over the next 6 months.  The GR investing scene sure is getting tighter, but I think its all about identifying the up and coming areas in our neighborhoods.

    I'm new to BP posting and have been lurking for a few months too.  Great to hear from another newbie in the area and maybe we can make contact in the near future to learn a bit about each other's strategies.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MI · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Joe Mierzwinski & @Matt Brechting - I'm also from Grand Rapids, MI and just joined recently myself.  I've been a Realtor for many years but just started last fall buying and flipping.  Let me know if I can help:)

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    10y

    @Matt Brechting sounds like we are peas from the same pod, just separated by a few years!! I too am an engineer; bought my first house soon after university and house hacked to my college friends. I moved to the US and morphed into and engineering Program Manager and started investing in 2009. Quit the day job this year to become a full-time Investor and Realtor. 

    Let's get together along with @Joe Mierzwinski and see how we can assist each other. 

  • Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 611 votes
    10y

    PM if you want to join my buyers list. @Paul Leason@Jayne Overbeck@Matt Brechting

  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Matt Brechting, and greetings from a fellow investor in the Grand Rapids area. You have found a great site for knowledge and resources here. Have you looked into a REI club in your area? I know of one that meets the second Monday of the month in Grandville. There is strength in Networking :) Good Luck with your investing Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

  • Rockford, MI · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I am also an investor / business owner in Grand Rapids. I am particularly fond in investing in multi family homes. My main concern is cashflow and cash on cash return.

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Thanks for being friendly everyone! Busy week at work.
    @Aaron Treloar, lets talk when I get something under contract or I find a little more time.

    @Joe Mierzwinski and @Paul Leason Glad to hear others doing the same! Construction Zone living really keeps me chomping at the bit. Lets meet up and talk shop sometime.
    @Jason Blain Ill be sure to look at that!
    @Charles Kao Lets see if we can amke something happen.

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    10y

    @Matt Brechting just give me call and we will schedule a meet. 

    Seven1Seven1ninezero1

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.