Investors in the Eastern KY/ Southern OH area??

Investors in the Eastern KY/ Southern OH area??

Ironton, OH · Member since 2015 · 104 posts · 31 votes
Hello guys and gals! I'm new to real estate investing and I want to get in touch with local investors. I live in Ironton, OH. I'm looking for contacts in the Huntington, WV/ Southern OH/ Eastern KY areas. I've contacted several real estate agents to start building rapport with but I have not had any luck. My long term goal is to invest in large multi families. Currently I need to build up enough cash to invest in the larger multi families. My thought is to flip until I have enough cash for a down payment on a multi family, but I'm not sure if my local market is the best for flips? Any help is appreciated!
0Reply
18 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    10y

    @Lauryn Meadows welcome to BP and the REI community! Sounds like you are on the right track by asking various agents and finding which ones would work for your business. Have you asked a commercial broker or commercial agent? They am have more knowledge into REI and would make it an easy transition into the larger multis that you seek in the future. An agent is a key role in building your REI team. Check out the local REIA because that could get you a good lead to proper REI friendly agent and people that are doing flips in your local area. Also have some cash on hand for flips is very helpful.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Ironton, OH · Member since 2015 · 104 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Thanks Jim! Ill definitely be reaching out to commercial realators in the area. I've tried to contact a local REI but the closest one I have found is in Charleston, WV. If you are familiar with Ashland you'll know it's a very rural area.

  • Investor · Ashland, KY · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 15 votes
    10y
    Hey Lauryn Meadows I was just trying to search around and find people in the area myself network with. I'm having a similar experience in Ashland. I'm also very new to the community and trying to chart a path. Have you had any success in the last couple weeks?
  • Ironton, OH · Member since 2015 · 104 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Hey @Ryan Keeton! I have not had luck finding a local REIA. I've considered networking in the Lexington area. I'm interested in multi units. I have reached out to a few realators in the area that have been able to direct me to some local investors. Craigslist is another place to find investors.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lexington, KY · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Lauryn, I sent you a reply and can definitely solve your problem.
    If you need further info, let me know.

  • Wholesaler · bellflower, CA · Member since 2012 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    i would like to keep in touch with you. I invest in los angeles for nearly 20 years .   i am going to ohio and kentucty in the next 6 months to invest in tax liens .  

    keep in touch. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.