New Member from Salt Lake City, Utah

New Member from Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hi all,

Just getting on bigger pockets after hearing a lot about it. Looking for fix and flip as well as buy and hold opportunities in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. Looking forward to learning and chatting with you all.

Best,
Trevor Carver

1Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 287 posts · 270 votes
10y
If you haven't already check out the Real Estate Investors Associations. After many months of trying to make it to a meeting I went to my first last night and it was excellent.
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bountiful, UT · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Welcome Trevor! Good luck and welcome to the best site on the web for Real Estate Investors! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Highland, UT · Member since 2015 · 407 posts · 272 votes
    10y

    @Trevor Carver welcome to bigger pockets. Happy to have you join us. This forum is pretty popular with lots of activity. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hi @Trevor Carver

    Welcome to BP. I have been looking for buy and hold deals in Salt Lake on the MLS for the past 2 months without success. I think I will have to change up my process for finding deals. If you are able to find some I'd be be interested to hear your strategy.

    Anyway, best of luck!

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 287 posts · 270 votes
    10y
    If you haven't already check out the Real Estate Investors Associations. After many months of trying to make it to a meeting I went to my first last night and it was excellent.
  • West Jordan, UT · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Welcome Trevor,

    I am a new member as well, also located in Salt Lake City.  It seems like we are looking for the same opportunities.  Looking to start out with buying a duplex or tripex.  I'm not too experienced with real estate investing but looking for insight from anyone.  

    Look forward to seeing you around,

    Stefan

  • Attorney/Investor in Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 65 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Trevor Carver, You are already getting some great recommendations. I can't speak highly enough of the Real Estate Investors Associations (REIA) here in Utah. Great way to get educated and connected at a very low cost ($100 p/year). I also know several guys that are finding off-market opportunities. This is the sort of thing that @Cody Tanner is looking for as well. I am the attorney for many different types of real estate investors here in Utah and am happy to connect you with people who are doing deals and bringing deals to the table.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Cody Backus I would be interested in meeting people wholesaling properties. I don't currently have the ability to do all cash offers, but if any wholesalers come across a property that would work with traditional financing, I would be very interested to look them over. 

  • Wholesaler · Sandy, UT · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Cody Tanner welcome! I can speak from experience that @Cody Backus is a standup guy and you should use him and their title company for transactions. As far as securing financing to fund deals goes both Cody and I know a few that we could connect you with. From my limited experience, it is tricky to find a deal that you can close with traditional financing. However there are opportunities for seller financing which may be a good path for you. Let me know if I can help.

  • Specialist · USA · Member since 2016 · 226 posts · 51 votes
    9y

    @Dane Bollwinkel Hi Dane - I would very much like to connect with you and your financing strategies.  Would that be possible?

  • Wholesaler · Sandy, UT · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Jared Carpenter I'd be happy to chat. The hard money lenders we use are local and from what I've seen that's how they like to lend. My suggestion would be to go to your local REIA and find who the investors in your area are using. However I'd be happy to point you in a few directions if you like. Let me know.

  • Specialist · USA · Member since 2016 · 226 posts · 51 votes
    9y

    @Dane Bollwinkel Thanks for the response Dane. Apologies for not being clear in my first contact. I currently live in Seattle, however went to school in Utah and am looking to invest in Salt Lake City or Provo. I am frequently traveling between Seattle and Park City, and would like to invest in flips, SFH as well as multi family.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.