New Member in Columbus, OH interested in the Multifamily

New Member in Columbus, OH interested in the Multifamily

Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hey BP community!  My name is Ian Labitue and I reside in Columbus, OH.  I've been here with my family for a little over three (3) years and moved here from Atlanta, GA.  I learned about BP several months ago through a random google search and have been attending online webinars and listening to the great podcasts ever since.  I am focused on building a personal real estate portfolio of smaller multifamily properties in the city of Columbus, OH and could use the assistance of the local BP community to achieve my goals.  I have a particular interest in duplex/triplex/quad deals in the urban core of the city [e.g. Olde Town East; Near East Side; University District].  I am not only looking for people to learn from but am also willing to provide any personal knowledge and expertise to the BP community as I have relevant commercial real estate industry experience (legal).  Looking forward to relationship building! 

2Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 20 votes
9y

I would like to invest in Ohio let me know if you find any deals and need financing !Good luck 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    I would like to invest in Ohio let me know if you find any deals and need financing !Good luck 

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    9y

    Hey @Ian Labitue and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You just took a big step towards starting off in real estate investment. Bigger Pockets is a great place for networking and getting deals done. It's one step for real estate investing, the other step for great success! Congratulations and I wish you all the success.

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ian Labitue:

    Hey BP community!  My name is Ian Labitue and I reside in Columbus, OH.  I've been here with my family for a little over three (3) years and moved here from Atlanta, GA.  I learned about BP several months ago through a random google search and have been attending online webinars and listening to the great podcasts ever since.  I am focused on building a personal real estate portfolio of smaller multifamily properties in the city of Columbus, OH and could use the assistance of the local BP community to achieve my goals.  I have a particular interest in duplex/triplex/quad deals in the urban core of the city [e.g. Olde Town East; Near East Side; University District].  I am not only looking for people to learn from but am also willing to provide any personal knowledge and expertise to the BP community as I have relevant commercial real estate industry experience (legal).  Looking forward to relationship building! 

     Welcome and good luck!

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 732 posts · 137 votes
    9y

    @Ian Labitue

    Great and welcome to B/P. Excellent place to network and learn. I have met some good connections here. Have a few of my investors that like to invest in Toledo Ohio. They have found some very distressed properties in your state. You should find good deals right in your backyard. Good luck to you here, hope to see you around B/P more often.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ian Labitue:

    Hey BP community!  My name is Ian Labitue and I reside in Columbus, OH.  I've been here with my family for a little over three (3) years and moved here from Atlanta, GA.  I learned about BP several months ago through a random google search and have been attending online webinars and listening to the great podcasts ever since.  I am focused on building a personal real estate portfolio of smaller multifamily properties in the city of Columbus, OH and could use the assistance of the local BP community to achieve my goals.  I have a particular interest in duplex/triplex/quad deals in the urban core of the city [e.g. Olde Town East; Near East Side; University District].  I am not only looking for people to learn from but am also willing to provide any personal knowledge and expertise to the BP community as I have relevant commercial real estate industry experience (legal).  Looking forward to relationship building! 

     Welcome to the forums and Biggerpockets! Starting with the smaller unit mix is great because of the ability to finance them as residential purchases. Near east area is going to probably be better cash flow than the University Area right now. Everyone by Ohio State University wants a premium right now it seems. Keep an eye out for "Old North" Columbus which is north of the university and south of clintonville. you get a mix of young professionals with graduate students and deals tend to be a bit better than very close to the university. What kind of commercial legal experience do you have? 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ian Labitue

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Investor / Landlord · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 276 posts · 174 votes
    9y

    @Ian Labitue

    There will be a FREE meeting next Thursday (November 17th) for experienced and newbie Investors, Landlords, Wholesalers and Flippers at Tommy's Pizza on Dublin-Granville between Sawmill and Riverside. Tommy’s is attached to the western side of Oakland Nursery. The meeting starts at 6:00 PM.

    You can arrive at any time but from 6:00 - 7:00 PM they'll have a Q&A which is very helpful for newbies. After that there is usually a featured speaker on an important topic.

    There’s typically a good mix of attendees - usually one or more attorneys, a number of agents, many experienced investors, landlords, flippers, rehabbers, contractors, lenders, etc. This will be a very good opportunity for networking and to meet people active on BP (and those who don't use BP).

    The meeting will end around 9 PM but the room will be available for networking till about 10. As stated above, except for any food or drink you happen to order, there is no charge to attend. Attendance is usually around 40 - 55. This group has been meeting for years and attracts attendees from all over Columbus Metro. 

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Welcome! I am also a new investor in Columbus with interest in Olde Town East. What draws you to that area? Also have you looked into King Lincoln?

  • New to Real Estate · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    9y
    Evan Campbell King Lincoln is definitely a district with potential. The area just south has been up and coming east of 71 and I'm sure will keep expanding north/east. From what I've seen, OTE is becoming a new safe haven for young people who want the unique historic feel of German or Italian village but can't quite afford the higher prices. Both areas in looking to expand in myself!
  • Property Manager · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 309 posts · 275 votes
    9y

    Welcome aboard. Our office started in King Lincoln and we moved to Olde Towne East about a year ago. I also live on OTE. Both are neat areas.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.