Newbie all the way from South Africa

Newbie all the way from South Africa

Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi there everyone!

I have recently found BP on Soundcloud and it has opened my eyes to REI. I am very excited to get started her in S.A and was wondering if anyone has ever invested in S.A and if they have do you have any tips for a first time buyer?

I am 27 and my fiance is 25, he is a property maintenance manager and I'm a graphic designer so we are thinking of getting started with house flipping.

Any advice would really be appreciated, and thanks again to BP for all the advice and inspiration!

Laiken

1Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Laiken Brown. Have you already read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide here https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing, it would be a good book to teach the fundamentals of investing that should work anywhere. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi Michael,

    Thanks so much for this info, I have only recently started listening to the podcast so thank you for helping me  and pushing me in the right direction! I'll definitely read that ASAP.

  • Investor · Centurion, Gauteng · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    Hi @Laiken Brown

    I am in Gauteng and could probably of some assistance to you. I own a few properties and also did a flip or two. Remember we have a few other challenges in South Africa which include capital gains tax (if this is not your primary residence).

    Feel free to PM me or contact me with any specific question.

    Good luck - it is still the best option towards financial freedom.

  • Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi Willem

    Thanks so much for reaching out to me. We are doing a bit more homework in the meantime, if I have any questions I will definitely PM you! So glad I found a fellow South African who is willing to help out.

  • Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi Willem

    Thanks so much for reaching out to me. We are doing a bit more homework in the meantime, if I have any questions I will definitely PM you! So glad I found a fellow South African who is willing to help out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.