New Investor in Northern California

New Investor in Northern California

Investor · Sausalito, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes

Hey BP,

My name is David Weintraub from San Francisco.  I closed on my first single family rental in Las Vegas in November. I have been thinking about investing in rental units ever since my college professor showed me "the perfect tax return" (it was his own) and explained his investment philosophy.

I am an income tax accountant and am not looking to leave my job anytime soon.  However, with the long slower season after 4/15 I am excited to devote more of my time to research, networking, and educating, while hunting for new investments.

My Goal this year is to close on another single family rental either in the Northern CA area or in the Las Vegas area.

I joined BP after listening to a few podcasts and diving into the forums.

I am psyched to be here and looking forward to the steep learning curve that comes with every new endeavor!

3Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris MasonPro Member
Moderator
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
9y

Welcome, @David Weintraub, glad to have you. The Bay Area crew is super helpful and active, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone. 

Also, and this is obligatory because you do 1040s and I do what I do, IT'S BEEN 30 MINUTES WHERE IS MY CPA LETTER WHEREIN YOU SWEAR ON YOUR MOTHER'S GRAVE THAT THIS SELF EMPLOYED PERSON WILL NEVER GO OUT OF BUSINESS. :)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent / Developer · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 15 votes
    9y
    Congrats on your first deal, David! If you ever want to talk about the LV market, drop me a DM. Always happy to meet likeminded people!
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome, @David Weintraub, glad to have you. The Bay Area crew is super helpful and active, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone. 

    Also, and this is obligatory because you do 1040s and I do what I do, IT'S BEEN 30 MINUTES WHERE IS MY CPA LETTER WHEREIN YOU SWEAR ON YOUR MOTHER'S GRAVE THAT THIS SELF EMPLOYED PERSON WILL NEVER GO OUT OF BUSINESS. :)

  • Investor · Sausalito, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @Michael Coxen, Thanks Michael, I will definitely drop you a line.

    @Chris Mason, Hahaha, thank Chris, that is classic!

  • Accountant · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    @Chris Mason he's a tax accountant. I think what you're describing is closer to what I do...

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @David Weintraub

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. The Bigger Pockets book store if full of great books: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • Home Stager · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2016 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    9y

    hi david! welcome to bp! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @David Weintraub

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    9y

    @David Weintraub, welcome to BP.  The site is a great place to build your network.  Good luck moving forward!

  • Investor · Sausalito, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Thanks everyone for the welcoming messages!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.