Newbie from Winchester Virginia - Working all around DC Metro

Newbie from Winchester Virginia - Working all around DC Metro

Contractor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 10 votes

Hello Fellow Members,

I am so far fascinated with this online platform for real estate professionals. After picking up Brandon Turner's book The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down, I jumped on this site and immediately found a wealth of knowledge, and interesting discussions. Thanks for setting this site up, I am confident it will be great to connect with like-minded individuals, learn from them, and offer my expertise in real estate construction.

My wife and I are currently living in our 3rd "Investment" home, buying properties that were run down and fixing them up has become a passion of ours. My wife has the vision, and leaves it to me to get the job done. 

I now have a goal of buying my first fix and flip in the next couple of months, while looking for investment opportunities with my brother in law. We are currently looking at a property in Michigan. This week we got the info on the property, and this weekend I will be using a couple of the tools on this site to analyze the property. 

As I mentioned, I would also like to be a source for those with construction/contractor questions. If you are in this situation, feel free to reach out to me and I will try to help you out.

Have a great day!

Steve

1Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Dave VisayaPro Member
Moderator
Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
9y

Hey @Steve Gress welcome to BiggerPockets!

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hey @Steve Gress welcome to BiggerPockets!

    BiggerPockets
  • Accountant · Bethesda, MD · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Steve Gress

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. The Bigger Pockets book store if full of great books: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern Virginia · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 51 votes
    9y

    @Steve Gress Welcome to BiggerPockets Steve. I'm right down the road from you. Are you attempting to flip properties locally? I'm currently investing in Buy and Hold in Indy, but I'd like to start focusing locally -- likely Winchester. I might reach out for construction advice.

  • Contractor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Todd Krzeminski - Good morning, Yes, I am definitely looking to flip properties locally, been looking around for awhile trying to get the lay of the land here in Winchester. If you need any help at all, let me know, always here to help. 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winchester, VA · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Welcome! Happy to help. I am a broker and investor. I am always happy to help. I especially like to create win-win scenarios like JV deals and other ways to work cooperatively to source deals and/or bring them to completion.

  • Contractor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Clifton Kaderli Thanks for the reply. I learned a long time ago that win-win scenarios create positive business relationships. I would love to connect with you to see how I can utilize my construction knowledge and experience to help buyers/sellers in the Winchester area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.