Rental Property Investor · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2009 · 17 posts · 3 votes
Hello Bigger Pockets!
I'm Drew Taylor. I joined BP a while ago but more recently have been listening to the podcast and exploring the community actively. I'm a IT engineer and project manager by trade. I've long had an interest in real estate investing, but never got going. Recently I've had some professional turbulence with with a couple layoffs so I've found my motivation.
My family has partnered with a GC to flip houses and had success on a couple deals in the DC metro area so far. I am studying for the realtor exam, primarily to represent our interest and be wired in to MLS.
My long game is building passive income with a portfolio of rentals. My experience developing systems and processes should serve me well with a RE business. I look forward to networking with other BP members and local meetups.
Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
@Drew Taylor congratulations on your flipping success, and good luck on your real estate exam. Kaplan has a really good online study material and practice exams. I'm sure you will do great :)
Real Estate Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
9y
@Drew Taylor Welcome to BP - I am in a very similar situation as you, minus any REI experience to this point (I have been recently motivated to get into REI as I have been sitting on the sidelines for too long and have always had an interest there).
There is a NOVA meetup organized by @Charles Huang every other Saturday at the Wegmen's in Fairfax (https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-an...). I was unable to attend the last one, but am planning to attend on March 11th (it will be my first meetup). Looking forward to connecting and absorbing as much knowledge connections as possible.
@Drew Taylor congratulations on your flipping success, and good luck on your real estate exam. Kaplan has a really good online study material and practice exams. I'm sure you will do great :)
Thanks Brandon. I found RealEstateExpress online and have been working through that content. I'll keep Kaplan in mind if I need another source.