Short-Term Vacation Rentals In San Diego, an Introduction.

Short-Term Vacation Rentals In San Diego, an Introduction.

San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 5 votes

First and foremost, hello and thank you members of the BiggerPockets community! I'm a native of San Diego and have been watching the vacation rental market for years and am finally in a place where I want to start wealth-building. I'm looking to connect with other coastal Californians who are in the business and learn from their experiences and share mine as well. 

I'm a veteran pilot who currently works overseas about half of the year. I'd like to make enough money in vacation rentals where I can work less and enjoy my life more! Thanks in advance. 

-Chris

2Reply
29 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Chris Vicari, welcome to the site! Here are some good places to start: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet- find and connect with other BP members that are in your area.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts - Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you.
    And, of course the
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums - ask any question about real estate!
    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Attorney · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Hi Chris Vicari I recently moved to Orange County from Charlotte, NC but had previously attended law school in SD, and prior to that, lived in LA. Are vacation rentals in SD a viable option. Would love to chat and explore the idea. Thanks.
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 325 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    hello @Chris Vicari

    welcome to BP! What a great community to be apart of. The short term rental is booming here in Southern CA it seems. My good friend and advisor has 27 already! Short term rentals are a great way to make premium real estate here cashflow. I focus on multi-family. I help and show people how to use some of their savings to create streams by investing in multi-family complexes. Will be happy to chat some more! Good luck !

    -Carlos 

  • Poway, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hello!

    We are new to BP!  We live in SD and are looking to sell a home that we currently rent out (long-term, month-to-month currently).  We saw the Forbes list and Seattle was #4 so we were thinking of investing there.  Possibly interested in doing a short-term/Airbnb rental initially but wanted to know what other people's thoughts are about that.  Our rental home is at an all time high value right now and we feel the urge to sell.  However, we are not well-versed in the 1031 exchange (working on that) and don't want to make an unwise decision.  

    Carlos, I saw that you think SD is great and are focusing on multi-family.  Have so many questions and will check out the links that you, Dave Visaya, stated above.

    Excited to be here and hoping to learn, learn, learn!!  :)

    Karen

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.