Cleveland, Ohio New Investor Looking to Network!

Cleveland, Ohio New Investor Looking to Network!

Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Greetings! I'm currently planning my first real estate investment purchase in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I'm local here and work full time in a separate non-real estate related career. I plan on managing the properties myself. I've been conducting market analysis for about a year. Recently, I began working with a local broker. I currently have an offer out on a multi family home (duplex) in Newburgh Heights (44105). The only real estate experience I have is in property management. I did not handle the leasing or purchasing of the properties. I handled rent collection, maintenance, and contractors. What I'm looking for: - Experienced real estate attorney. - Experienced insurance broker. - Ohio contracts (leases, etc). - Words of encouragement... My questions are simple. I'm educated and have common sense. I have a hard goal to own a total of 12 units in 5 years using a combination of methods. I lack the experience that many of you have. I look forward to chatting with you all! - Dan
1Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Welcome to BP Dan and see you around the forums

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP Dan and see you around the forums

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Hudson, OH · Member since 2013 · 145 posts · 26 votes
    9y
    Dan, We have a monthly BP Cleveland meet up on the last Thursday of the month. There's no agenda, no format and no pitches to sell you anything. We usually get about 20-30 people from all different experience levels and backgrounds that just want to talk about real estate investing. We post the meet ups on here, so set your keyword alerts for "Cleveland", or just plan for 6:00 last thurs of the month at the Brew Garden in Middleburg Hts. Aaron
  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Awesome, I can't wait to get some good information and support.
  • David TerbeekPro Member
    Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 260 posts · 162 votes
    9y

    Daniel-  Welcome aboard.  I know a good real estate attorney if you PM me.  You are well on your way because being generally educated and having common sense is well over half of the battle.

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Berman:

    Greetings!

    I'm currently planning my first real estate investment purchase in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I'm local here and work full time in a separate non-real estate related career. I plan on managing the properties myself.

    I've been conducting market analysis for about a year. Recently, I began working with a local broker. I currently have an offer out on a multi family home (duplex) in Newburgh Heights (44105).

    The only real estate experience I have is in property management. I did not handle the leasing or purchasing of the properties. I handled rent collection, maintenance, and contractors.

    What I'm looking for:

    - Experienced real estate attorney.
    - Experienced insurance broker.
    - Ohio contracts (leases, etc).
    - Words of encouragement...

    My questions are simple. I'm educated and have common sense. I have a hard goal to own a total of 12 units in 5 years using a combination of methods.

    I lack the experience that many of you have. I look forward to chatting with you all!

    - Dan

     Hello and welcome! Always nice to have another Clevelander on here. Feel free to send me a message with any questions.

  • Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 857 votes
    9y

    Welcome and best of luck on that offer

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Berman:

    Greetings!

    I'm currently planning my first real estate investment purchase in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I'm local here and work full time in a separate non-real estate related career. I plan on managing the properties myself.

    I've been conducting market analysis for about a year. Recently, I began working with a local broker. I currently have an offer out on a multi family home (duplex) in Newburgh Heights (44105).

    The only real estate experience I have is in property management. I did not handle the leasing or purchasing of the properties. I handled rent collection, maintenance, and contractors.

    What I'm looking for:

    - Experienced real estate attorney.
    - Experienced insurance broker.
    - Ohio contracts (leases, etc).
    - Words of encouragement...

    My questions are simple. I'm educated and have common sense. I have a hard goal to own a total of 12 units in 5 years using a combination of methods.

    I lack the experience that many of you have. I look forward to chatting with you all!

    - Dan

     Welcome aboard Daniel.

  • Investor/ Real Estate Agent · Burton, OH · Member since 2015 · 167 posts · 53 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Full-Time Investor & Agent · Amherst, OH · Member since 2014 · 149 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    @Daniel Berman Welcome!  I'm a local investor/agent.  I can connect you with a couple good real estate attorneys.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.