New member from Ellicott City MD

New member from Ellicott City MD

Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP family! My name is Alvaro and I am currently an engineer in construction management who is looking to dive headfirst into the world of real estate with the goal of departing from my current full time gig, and hustle 24/7 in the real estate investing world.

Thanks for checking out my post!

4Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
9y

@Alvaro Zumaran

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here!

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Eric Jan:

    Hi @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to BP. I'm a newbie to this as well and hopefully we can meet up at the Baltimore REIA.

     Hi Eric!  This sounds like an excellent idea.  I see that there are upcoming events on 6/10 & 6/15 - perhaps we can aim for one of these?

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Thank you @Upen Patel!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Laura Tokgozoglu:

    Hi Alvaro,

    I would love to meet for coffee, however I now live in South Carolina! But if I come back into town I will let you know! I think the place you plan on investing depends on your budget. If you can swing it, Clarksville, Columbia, Dayton, West Friendship, Ellicott City, Glenelg, Glenwood, all have great schools and are very popular places to live. If you could find a fixer upper and if you are handy you would do well. If your budget does not allow for those places you might look at Savage, North Laurel, Elkridge, Sykesville. After that, perhaps Baltimore on the other side of Ellicott City, (close to historic Ellicott City) or perhaps Catonsville. Greg Kinnear is a great Real Estate Agent if you need one! Hope that helps and good luck in your future endeavors!

    No worries Laura.  Yes - all the areas you listed are on my radar.  Perhaps you can direct me towards Greg Kinnear - I wasn't able to find him on BP.  It wouldn't hurt to have an informal intro, don't you think?  Thanks in advance! 

  • High Point, NC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Erin Stephens:

    Welcome to BP! I am sure you'll find this community as helpful as I have. 

     Hello Erin, thanks for the welcome.  How long have you been in the game?  I'm sure that you have very interesting war stories - perhaps we can set up a time to discuss?

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the welcome, @Stuti S. I hope things are going well for you!

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I'm a newbie myself. My partner has two rentals, while my first just went under contract last month. 

    BiggerPockets has been a wonderful source of information. Searching through previous forum posts and blogs really helped me to find, analyze and purchase this property. 

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Alvaro Zumaran

    Alvaro,

    Welcome to BP. You won't find many multi families in Howard County. Joining the Baltimore REIA was a good move. They'll give you lots of information. More multi family properties in Baltimore than DC also.

    Best of luck

    Stephanie

  • Attorney · Clinton, MD · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 55 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Alvaro Zumaran.  May the profits be with you!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    haha - and also with you!

  • Columbia, MD · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    I am a new investor and am looking for help and guidance. I want to start investing in buy and hold properties near or in Columbia Maryland. Do we have any investor already in this market. I would like to discuss and get some guidance.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.