OTTAWA , ONTARIO · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Hey, everyone, I'm new to Bigger Pockets. New to Ottawa ON moved from Calgary AB. I'm interested in buying a rental property, just need to learn more about it.
Is there any meetup group here in Ottawa?? Also, other than banks, where else can I get a loan for buying properties?
Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Hey @Monica Juno Welcome to the site! The best place to check for meet ups is the events tab on this website, and I just googled some events/meet ups in my local area to find the big meet ups. In regards to finding a loan you can hit the local bank, community bank, a credit union, family and friends, and you can get a hard money loan in some cases for long term buy and holds. At a certain point you will need to refi that hard money loan.
Hey @Monica Juno Welcome to the site! The best place to check for meet ups is the events tab on this website, and I just googled some events/meet ups in my local area to find the big meet ups. In regards to finding a loan you can hit the local bank, community bank, a credit union, family and friends, and you can get a hard money loan in some cases for long term buy and holds. At a certain point you will need to refi that hard money loan.
Thanks, Peter! I will definitely check out the events on this site:) Yeah maybe a bank is my best bet at the moment. Thanks again:)
Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 46 votes
9y
Welcome to bigger pockets . We have an excellent community in Ottawa . There is also a rein event tonight . Ping me and I will forward you the links. Orieo is another one .