Newbie from UTAH in the house! (Utah county)

Newbie from UTAH in the house! (Utah county)

Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
Well it's good to be here. My name is Taylor Hansen and I'm from Spanish fork, Utah. Im new to real estate investing, the only property I have under my belt at the moment is my personal residents. Me and my wife are young bucks and both run our own business. My wife trains and sells horses. I run a landscape maintenance business. Our long term goals are to get our business to a place that they are systematized enough to spit off a great income with very little to no time needed of us and will allow us to consistently invest in multi family properties. I have always leaned toward the buy and hold model. Long term goals for me is to own 10+ large multi family properties. I would like the priorities to be large enough to support having a on site staff. I'm assuming that's going to be around 100+ units. I was introduced to the bigger pockets podcast by a friend and have started with episode #1 and I am little over 60 episodes in. Just what I have learned so far will save me MANY of head aches and hundreds of thousands of Dollars! I'm looking forward to getting active in the community. I love learning from those that have done what I want to do and I will add as much value as I can. Thanks Taylor Hansen
1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Steve OlsonPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Pleasant Grove UT and Hurst, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 63 votes
9y

Sounds good!  We're launching a few fourplex projects here in UT and in TX as well this week so I'm jammed up pretty good.  I'll PM you for a time next week...

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Taylor Hansen:

    Well it's good to be here. My name is Taylor Hansen and I'm from Spanish fork, Utah. Im new to real estate investing, the only property I have under my belt at the moment is my personal residents.

    Me and my wife are young bucks and both run our own business. My wife trains and sells horses. I run a landscape maintenance business. Our long term goals are to get our business to a place that they are systematized enough to spit off a great income with very little to no time needed of us and will allow us to consistently invest in multi family properties. I have always leaned toward the buy and hold model.

    Long term goals for me is to own 10+ large multi family properties. I would like the priorities to be large enough to support having a on site staff. I'm assuming that's going to be around 100+ units.

    I was introduced to the bigger pockets podcast by a friend and have started with episode #1 and I am little over 60 episodes in. Just what I have learned so far will save me MANY of head aches and hundreds of thousands of Dollars! I'm looking forward to getting active in the community. I love learning from those that have done what I want to do and I will add as much value as I can.

    Thanks
    Taylor Hansen

    Hello and welcome! This is a great place to get started. You should check out: The Most Common Misconceptions of Investing in Real Estate

  • Steve OlsonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pleasant Grove UT and Hurst, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 63 votes
    9y

    Hi @Taylor Hansen, welcome to BP!  I'm an agent with RE/Max Equity here in downtown Provo.  I work exclusively with investors and focus mostly on multi family.  I'm sure our paths will cross at some point!  Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  You can learn 50x more here for free than most seminar companies will charge you $30,000 for!  Feel to reach out anytime you need assistance.  

  • Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Tom Ott thanks I'll check that out!
  • Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Steve Olson awesome just down the street! I would love to get together some time. Lunch on me when ever your available!
  • Steve OlsonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pleasant Grove UT and Hurst, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 63 votes
    9y

    Sounds good!  We're launching a few fourplex projects here in UT and in TX as well this week so I'm jammed up pretty good.  I'll PM you for a time next week...

  • Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 133 votes
    9y

    @Taylor Hansen Great to have you here.  You will find a large group of active bigger pockets members here in Utah County.  We are happy to help.

  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Taylor Hansen Welcome to the BP forums. You have some well formalized goals. I wish you much success in your endeavors.
    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Rebecca Belnap that's good to here I would love to be a part of any meet-ups (if that's a thing).
  • Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Daniel Hyman thank you, glad to be here thanks for the welcome!
  • New to Real Estate · Saratoga Springs, UT · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 29 votes
    9y
    Hi Taylor Hansen I'm new to BP too welcome!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.