New Member In Utah Looking To Start Wholesaling

New Member In Utah Looking To Start Wholesaling

Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 13 votes

Hello, my name is Brittany and I am new to this site and reside in Salt Lake City, UT. I have not yet started with investing, but am learning everyday how to get started. I have already learned a lot from this site, and appreciate all the help everyone has to offer. I currently own a pet care business, and will be starting with investing part time.

I am looking to start with wholesaling to save up some money to begin bigger projects. I don't have the funds right now to invest into house flipping, or rental properties. My goal is to do enough wholesale sales to then invest into a rental property or flip a house.

I would love any advice for getting started with wholesaling, and build up a buyers list. I know the first transaction will be very scary, but once I can go through the process and learn hands on I will feel much more comfortable.

I look forward to building relationships with other investors, and to have the opportunity to learn and teach as I grow in my own investments.

Thank you!

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 133 votes
9y

One free source is @Jeff Rappaport and Brian Pitcher have a free wholesaling group that meets once a month.  The next one is this Thursday at the Thai Siam Cafe in Draper at 6:30.

The Local REIAs are good and inexpensive.  Try the SLREIA and the UREIA.  You can find them at meetup.com.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Holladay, UT · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    Welcome to real estate investing Brittany.

    I encourage you to begin with your local investor clubs in Salt Lake County.

    A quick search on the internet will locate the meeting locations of the 3 active clubs in your area.

    The real investors at the clubs are the investors who have property transactions to share with the group each time the club meets.

    Your job at the meeting is to find the money.   Here is the conversation you should have with each member you meet.

    • What types of properties do they purchase?
    • How far below market value do they need to purchase the property?
    • Do they have cash to close in 2 or 3 days or do they need to obtain funding?
    • Do they have a cash limit cap on the price of a property they will purchase?

    With this information you are able to connect to the players on the field in your market.

    The best Title Company and Legal Team in Salt Lake County for closing investor transactions is 1st Liberty Title.  The will keep you safe and legal. 

    Best of Success in your investing!!

    I'm Glad You Asked.

    Bret

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Brittany Chesley, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 133 votes
    9y

    One free source is @Jeff Rappaport and Brian Pitcher have a free wholesaling group that meets once a month.  The next one is this Thursday at the Thai Siam Cafe in Draper at 6:30.

    The Local REIAs are good and inexpensive.  Try the SLREIA and the UREIA.  You can find them at meetup.com.

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Bret Ehlers Thank you for the welcome!

    I see there is a local meet up for wholesale investors Thursday that I will try to make. I was thrilled to see that. Socializing with like minded people and learning about investing sounds like a great way to get started.

    I appreciate you sharing with me the questions I should be asking, this will definitely help me to find the right people to speak with.

    Thank you again for all the helpful information!

    @Dave Visaya Thank you! I look forward to getting to know all the wonderful people here. There is no shortage of them from the looks of it.

    @Rebecca Belnap I did see the meetup for this Thursday, thank you for the help and information on other meet ups around my area. I will look into all of them.

  • Temple Hills, MD · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Bret Ehlers That was good advice. Thank you.

  • Temple Hills, MD · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Brittany Chesley Welcome and much success to you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Teresa A. Brady thank you very much!

  • Derek SmartPro Member
    Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    @Brittany Chesley

    I would attend the local REIA events. The next one is this week. www.uvreia.com

    Second I would pick up the phone, and start prospecting. I got 3 pieces of mail from different wholesalers, and another one is doing bandit signs in my neighborhood all in the last 4 days. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.