New investor in Pensacola/Milton/Pace Florida

New investor in Pensacola/Milton/Pace Florida

Wholesaler · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes

Hi everybody. Just want to introduce myself to the BP community. I am a search and rescue/EMS helicopter pilot for the offshore oil industry in the Gulf of Mexico. My 2 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule allows me to live in the Pensacola (Milton) area with my wife. We are looking for ways to boost our income and flipping and rental properties look like a great investment. The market for my area looks to be growing due to the schools in my county (Santa Rosa) being some of the top rated in the state with a lot of people relocating out of the neighboring counties into ours. 
I have been doing a lot of research and reading (mostly on BP) and I actually have gone and looked at a few potential flip properties and am now doing my research to make it happen. 
I look forward to picking everybody's brain and soaking all the knowledge and experience that I can out of the BP community. I plan on attending some local real estate group meetings and look forward to meeting others in my area. Any and all support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Laurenzi

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 31 votes
9y

Hey Mike,

I've an investor/Realtor in the Gulf Coast area as well. The numbers definitely work in our part of the woods as opposed to other parts of the country. I've got 7 buy and hold rentals. Every time I buy one with the intention of flipping, I end up hanging onto it. But I actually may pursue one here shortly. Feel free to add me on Facebook since I'm kind of hit or miss here on Bigger Pockets. I wouldn't mind at all showing you how I built my passive income. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mountain View, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I have been currently been looking out in the same area as long with Austin.  I think it really just depends on what time of return income that you are looking for.

    - Heath

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    Hey Mike,

    I've an investor/Realtor in the Gulf Coast area as well. The numbers definitely work in our part of the woods as opposed to other parts of the country. I've got 7 buy and hold rentals. Every time I buy one with the intention of flipping, I end up hanging onto it. But I actually may pursue one here shortly. Feel free to add me on Facebook since I'm kind of hit or miss here on Bigger Pockets. I wouldn't mind at all showing you how I built my passive income. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Investor & Consultant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 620 posts · 386 votes
    9y

    @Anne Laurenzi feel free to tap my brain any time as we are experienced flippers. 

    Onwards!

    sjw

  • Melvin ListBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
    9y
    Welcome!
    C2 Financial
  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    9y

    @Anne Laurenzi

    I flew helicopters for the Navy and am now an instructor at Whiting part time and invest full time. We flip and wholesale houses in the area so if you need anything reach out. 

    The PIG group in Pensacola is a great way to network and start learning as well. There are deals shared there and plenty of good people to meet. Highly recommend checking it out. 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello sorry to revive an old post. I started listening to the Podcast about 2 months ago. Before that i had looked in the Milton,Pace,Navarre area and having a hard time under standing the market. You will find a destroyed trailer next to a brand new house. How are you determining property values with such a difference of property's right next to each other ? Any groups or Forums that investors in the area are hanging out in.  Thanks in-advance. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.