Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Peter Halliday
  • Amsterdam, Noord Holland
Votes |
Newbie from Amsterdam, Netherlands (maybe Vancouver BC next year)

Peter Halliday
  • Amsterdam, Noord Holland
Posted Aug 28 2017, 07:12

I'll be repeating much of what I just put in my profile here, but here goes.

I'm a real estate investor and software engineer currently living in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

TBH, I'm just starting out investing in rental properties in and around Amsterdam but possibly next year, I expect to be relocating to Canada with my wife who is from Vancouver, BC. As such I'll be looking forward to building a truly international portfolio.

I have been a home owner for the last 11 years and am currently working with a real estate agent here in Amsterdam to purchase 3 or 4 rental properties.

I want to build a portfolio of rental properties so that my wife and I will be able to live off the "passive" income they provide. When I'm feeling more ambitious (bigger pockets podcasts do this to me) I imagine leveraging into a large portfolio and building systems to do BRRRR in a much less passive way.

As such, I'm looking for contacts both here in Amsterdam and also Vancouver to help me on my journey. I can well imagine that next year when we relocate to Canada, I am going to have a tough time accessing finance (no credit history), so it would be interesting to see if anyone has any tips there.

Also I'm on the look out for good real estate related meetup groups here in Amsterdam :)

Loading replies...