• Merrimack, NH
Votes |
Fashionably Late To The Party

Donnie Mendell
  • Contractor
  • Merrimack, NH
Posted Sep 1 2017, 16:09

Hello BP Nation

Donnie and Tina here from Merrimack, NH.  The short version of how we ended up here is we bought a house to fix up while we lived in it. The plan was to sell within 3-5 years. It was going to be how I cut my teeth flipping a house. The recession hit, employment dried up and the house was upside down and we ended up stuck where we were. In that time we got into debt trying to get by. We probably could have copped out and filed bankruptcy to get out the easy way, but It wasn't the right thing to do. We kept our noses to the grind stone and slowly started to climb out of the hole. It wasn't coming fast enough. I started searching for a faster way. Found Dave Ramsey. Applied his principles in a modified approach that worked for us. Found some great financial podcast in which I found mention of BP. Started listening to the podcast and quickly found relief in knowing that we weren't alone. I also found some great info and there were no guru fees!

I have an awesome wife and two awesome girls who keep me focused and driven on getting the ship headed in the right direction. We enjoy touring the northeast and soon other parts taking them to lacrosse tournaments. They turn into mini getaways sometimes. We also enjoy spending time outdoors whenever possible.  Mountain biking is a true passion of mine (Donnie) as well. We have strong desire to get into the real estate world. Fueled mostly by our enjoyment of renovating and turning a dump into a diamond as well as not enjoying the pressure applied by the recession! We hope to be regular contributors here very soon.

Donnie & Tina

Loading replies...