Introduction from Canada

7 Replies

Hi all,

I'm a relative newcomer to real estate investing, and interested in building something for my retirement (10 years out).  Looking for cash flow deals.  This is a great resource, and I have been reading / learning tons since finding the site in 2016.

Hope to do business soon!

Jason Taylor

@Jason Taylor Welcome to Bigger Pockets - It's definitely a great resource. I think geographically you're definitely in a good market with proximity to Brantford - Still some affordable cash flowing deals out there. 

Now's definitely the time to take a run in investing while you still have an income that positions you to buy. 

Feel free to reach out with any Qs. 

Hi! You are in the right place. Just keep listening to the podcasts + asking questions. 

As a CFP I would recommend working backwards. If retirement is 10 years away, what does your future income look like if you do nothing. Is there a shortfall? Is there excess? 

If there is a shortfall what kind of extra income do you need to make you whole again? 

If there is excess how can you leverage that future cashflow NOW to invest in real estate today?

Good luck!! We're all cheering you on!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you