It's nice to meet you all!

5 Replies

Hi! I'm a total novice who would love to start investing in real estate and start to invest in properties to make money efficiently, and quickly. I'm currently a sophomore in college and would love to invest as soon as possible! In all honesty I'm very glad I found this website by chance. From what little I've seen the community is very active, and everyone seems willing to help each other out! 

I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn some useful information while I'm here. 

Hi @Stephany M Munoz

Welcome to BP! We're so excited you're here and making connections. I highly suggest you to read, "The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing". We wrote it with the beginner in mind. It’s an excellent place to start, and can answer many of your questions. You are in the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Best of luck! :)

@Stephany M Munoz  the Keller Williams books are some of the best books ever written on real estate. If you are interested in flipping ,buy and hold or selling real estate their is a book on each subject which will give you a path to follow to help your investing career, order those books asap.

Second start listening to podcasts some great ones to listen too are:

Bp Podcast

Keith Weinhold get Rich Education

Creating Wealth With Jason Hartman

Lifetime Cashflow with Rod Khlief

Once you have listened to several weeks of those podcasts you will be very well educated and make less mistakes then the average newbie.

Welcome to BP! I also recommend that you listen to all of the BP podcasts. I had never listened to any podcasts before but now I am almost done listening to all of the BP ones and I have learned so much and been motivated by listening to all of the successful investors that they interview. I'd say that they have been my best source of information so far.

Hi Stephany, welcome to the community! I'm a novice college student just like you and I feel Bigger Pockets has been enormously helpful at keeping me motivated toward financial freedom. One thing I would suggest is downloading the Meetup app and joining some real estate clubs. Many of the big ones around here are pretty much just sales pitches, but some of them are actually very insightful and thoughtful. Let me know if you would like any recommendations!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you