Newbie looking into Turnkeys

Newbie looking into Turnkeys

Long Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 3 votes

Hello, BP. I have been a member for a little over a month. Other than owning my own home I am new to real estate investing. I have been reading blogs, forums and ebooks since in joined. I have learned a few things but I know there is a ton of other things to learn. My reasons for investing are to supplement my future retirement and equally important to be able to leave something for my children. I am a little wary of investing at home due to prices being so high in SoCal area.  I was looking in to turnkeys OOS as I have a W2 and don't have time to constantly look for deals. I plan to buy and hold so they look appealing. I worry though about vetting everything from the company to the neighborhood. Any thoughts?

Eric

2Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Metra UlloaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · N. CA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 23 votes
8y
Welcome to BP Eric!! I suggest you take a look at the following website: http://turnkey-reviews.com/ It's a website created by Brie Schmidt and Jay Hinrichs . It's basically the Yelp for TK providers with investors giving real feedback on TK providers nationwide. Brie also does a podcast interviewing investors who use TK operators. Some good lessons learned. It's a good place to start. Wishing you the best! Metra
See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Eric Martin it's pretty scary buying sight unseen but I did it and many people do it to get started. Most people graduate past turnkey but great way to get started. Just vet who you work with.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.