New Investor Introduction - North Lake Tahoe, CA

New Investor Introduction - North Lake Tahoe, CA

Tahoe Vista, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello all! My name is Ashley Speegle and I am a newbie investor. I have recently found bigger pockets podcast and listen daily and active on the website daily. It is fantastic! REI has been something I have always, always, always wanted to do, but have been consumed with a career that I thought was the right path. However, like most, I finally was honest with myself and came to the conclusion that it's not what I really want to be doing, and it is most definitely not a passion or lifestyle I care to continue.

I am originally from Texas, now living in Northern California in the North Lake Tahoe area. I want to tap into the market here in the NorCal area and I want to most definitely tap into the Dallas/Austin area markets back home. I will be back there in a little over a year so I have started looking into properties and land in Texas and scouring real estate here in NorCal. 

I do have quite a bit of capital going into my investing venture, however, I fully plan on playing it smart and not throwing all of my eggs into one basket. I have almost perfect credit, so I would like to work with some lenders. I am mostly interested in multifamily homes that may or may not need any rehab. 

If there is anyone out there in the North Lake Tahoe area with properties or possible business venture opportunities, please do not hesitate to reach out! I am actively looking at properties currently and hoping to make my first purchase very soon! 

I hope to make connections on here, Cheers! 

Ashley Speegle 

1Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    Ashely.

    Lake Tahoe has a great cyclical real estate market. The market right now is the highest that it has ever been. That doesnt mean that you shouldn't buy, but you should keep that in mind. 

    If you're going to buy something in Tahoe make sure that you're paying much below market value.

    You're in a great market though, I would love to live in Lake Tahoe. 

  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Lake Tahoe is a great area, but you might expand your search to the other side of the lake and down the hill into Reno/Sparks and Carson City, you will probably be able to get a better return on investment for rentals there.  Also if you move back to Texas you won't be stuck paying California income tax on your earnings, you would be able to take advantage of Nevada's 0% income tax

  • Real Estate Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    Best of luck with your Real Estate Investing Career.

    Networking is how to succeed in this space and as such I wanted to give you an open invitation to feel free to reach out to me at any time. I am located in the Northern Nevada market and doing buy and hold, wholesale and fix and flips…

    Welcome to the world of Real Estate Investing and the many opportunities available to you. You made the first step in connecting on the largest social network specifically for the Real Estate Investing industry. Take the time to explore all the resources available to you.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Ashley Speegle, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.