Investor in Appleton, Wi - (67 units in 4 yrs.)Looking to Network

Investor in Appleton, Wi - (67 units in 4 yrs.)Looking to Network

Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes

Hi BP!

This is my first post and while I am not a new investor or BP member I have been following the forums more and more lately. I started in Real estate almost 5 years ago and wanted to thank BP for all the information(Love the podcasts) and help along the way - The members too! The last few years I have grown my business significantly(see my profile) and plan on making 2018 the best year yet. I've been able to work a full time job this entire time as well by creating a great team, building in systems, and learning how to streamline some things that I dont have to do anymore. As I continue to build my passive income streams through buy and hold, I am getting more and more interested in other parts of real estate too. I am looking to gain more knowledge or meet more people in the Wisconsin area that have passion or experience in flipping, private money systems, agents to pass along deals, and just overall knowledge around strategy in building up the real estate business. 

Thank you,

Logan

3Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe SeegersPro Member
Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 29 votes
8y

welcome logan ,this is too the other bigger pockets investers in northeast wis,would you like to get together and form a meetup once a month and threw ideas out and help all of us grow are business.if interested ,let me know and i will try to set up a meeting place for sometime in middle january for all us to meet if you are interested.just let me know if there is interest for a bigger pockets group meetup

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome to the community Logan. Great to have you. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Stevens Point, WI · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 31 votes
    8y

    Hey Logan, it's great to have you on the site. I've just recently moved to Stevens Point, and am doing a bit of investing in Wausau. I've been in this game for about 2.5 years now, but haven't been quite as productive as you; I'm at 3 units right now. Shoot me a message if you're ever in Point; I'd love to buy you a beer and talk REI.

  • Investor · Southern Indiana, IN · Member since 2017 · 178 posts · 95 votes
    8y
    Branch out to So. IN/KY let’s do a deal! :)
  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Michael S. Thank you!

    @Samuel Bavido - Will do! I actually have a friend up in the Wausau area so Ill let you know when I head up there!

    @Ali Hashemi - I am not opposed to doing that Ali. Message me if you find a big deal and its worth me expanding. I have a few other things going on in different areas this year as well. If the deal is right, I am always willing to figure out how to make the rest work.

  • New London, WI · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Hey Logan, I’m just getting started in REI and I live just west of Appleton (New London). I would love to get together and talk REI and possibly partner up on somethings. By the looks of your profile we have similar goals, however you are a bit ahead of me. Let me know if your interested. Thanks, Adam
  • Investor · Southern Indiana, IN · Member since 2017 · 178 posts · 95 votes
    8y

    @Logan Rankin sounds good, I’ll let you know If i find a good one!

  • Investor · Brookfield, WI · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 8 votes
    8y
    Welcome to posting Logan. I am a broker/owner down in Brookfield that specializes in apartments across Wisconsin. What areas are you looking for? Do you manage your properties on your own? Hope I can help you get to your goal of 100 units this coming year!
  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    HI @Adam Vraa - Yes you are really close, good to hear from you! We all started somewhere, Ill PM you and we can find some time to meet up soon!

    @Ali Hashemi Cool! Thanks!

    Hey @Bryan Caprioli and thanks for the reply, I know Brookfield well, very nice area! 

    1. My favorite area to invest is a 50 mile radius around Appleton, Wi. I own properties in Appleton, Neenah, Little Chute, Kimberly, Combined Locks, Kaukuana, and New Holstein(furthest away). Obviously anything in these cities I will know really well. I also know the Green Bay area, Oshkosh, and FDL area  really well. I am not opposed to branching out to other areas if the deal is right but would prefer to stay in my radius above in Wisconsin because of my extensive market research on the area, rents, network, etc.

    2. While involved - I dont, I have an amazing PM company that I have grown with from ground up. They have helped me maintain a less than 2% vacancy over the past 4 years as well as strategically moved up rents. 

    3. I need to update my goals on BP for this year! I just closed my books on 2017 and reassessed my goals for 2018...because I beat my 2017 goals by more than I anticipated im going to be shooting for 200 to 250 units by year end 2018 now. Im closing on a 8unit this coming Friday and just put another 8unit under contract yesterday so starting 2018 strong :)

    I am always looking for solid people to network with and help me find great deals. Thanks for your questions and feel free to PM me if you need more info or want to meet up to understand my goals better.

    Thank you!

  • Joe SeegersPro Member
    Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    welcome logan ,this is too the other bigger pockets investers in northeast wis,would you like to get together and form a meetup once a month and threw ideas out and help all of us grow are business.if interested ,let me know and i will try to set up a meeting place for sometime in middle january for all us to meet if you are interested.just let me know if there is interest for a bigger pockets group meetup

  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y
    Hello guys, I am in Greenville and just getting started investing in the Appleton area. Would love to get to know you guys and learn as much as possible.
  • New London, WI · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Joe Seegers, I would be interested in a meetup.
  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    8y

    Hi guys, I am in Appleton myself as well. I have a number of rentals and have been doing this for about 11 years now. While I am still on the lookout for deals, I have been focused on my construction business more lately.  I am a member of a couple Local REIAs that meet monthly. They offer some great content and a great way to network. Feel free to reach out if you want to come. One meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm and the other the 3rd Tuesday at 6-6:30

  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Joe Seegers - Just sent you a PM too Joe! Sounds great!

    @Tyler Johnson Welcome Tyler!

    @Kyle Hipp Thanks so much for the content around meetings! Ill PM you and take you up on some of those meetings! Also, love that you are in the construction business too - Its been so strong lately and an awesome asset to have as you grow your portfolio rentals too when they need rehab. Looking forward to learning more on that end.

  • Joe SeegersPro Member
    Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    fellow bigger pockets going to set up a time to meet mid month.will post and send individual invites .hope you all can attend.will post meeting place in a week.

  • Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Logan- I'm interested in hearing more about your story and impressive growth. My wife's from Appleton and I've checked out a few apartments in the area. They seem to offer better value than I'm finding in the good areas of Milwaukee. Send me a PM if you'd like to connect.

  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Brandon Markham! Ill do that now. Its a pretty solid market up here. 

  • Engineer/Project Manager/Entrepreneur/Invester · Oshkosh, WI · Member since 2010 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Logan Rankin I'd love to meet up and talk about what you're seeing in the local market, who you're using as a PM, and how you're able to grow that quickly.

  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Dave Wilson - Sounds good! Nice job on getting to 15 so quickly as well man. Shoot me a PM and we can find some time or work something out! 

  • Appleton, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Joe-Keep me in the loop on a local meeting.  I would be interested in attending.

  • Real Estate Agent · Neenah, WI · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Hi Logan, Way to hit your goals and more. My husband and I are investors in the fox cities area as well. I am a realtor and am always in the lookout for multi families and great investment opportunities. Would love to join a meet up in the area. Please keep me posted and let me know. Look forward to meeting a like minded local investor! Regards, Heidi Selch
  • Sherwood, WI · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I'd be interested in a meet up; either group or individual.  I drive 50 minutes each way to work and I've been listening to nothing but audiobook and podcasts for the past several years.  I've been running properties through my eval spreadsheets, and finally will be physically looking at my first round of properties this week.  I'm so excited to finally DO SOMETHING with real estate.  If you're even interested in meeting up for a conversation and beer at Stone Cellar, let me know!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.