Investor and Agent, Illinois side of St. Louis!

Investor and Agent, Illinois side of St. Louis!

Real Estate Agent · Aviston, IL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone!

I'm Fred Venturini and I live about 45 mins east of St. Louis on the IL side. I've worked as an analyst at Scott AFB for the past 9 years as part of an 18-year federal career, I'm a Chicago sports fan (I know, boo), and I live with my lovely wife, daughter, two cats, one dog, and one BB-8 droid who hasn't been turned off since Christmas morning.

Fun fact: I'm an author who has published a novel with a major publisher and several short stories. I love to write and communicate, and I hope to get a couple of books under contract within the next year or two!

I also love REAL ESTATE! Ever since we bought and fixed-up our first home in 2006, then sold it to move up a couple years later, I've found real estate to be fascinating and fun, and have analyzed and consulted on deals for friends who have invested. I've long thought that agents can up their game when it comes to service and skills, and there are some underserved niches in our area, so I went ahead and got my license once REAL came to Illinois. My first "close" was to convince them to board me as a new agent, despite the fact that they hadn't come downstate yet (not on local boards, MLS, etc, so for them to invest in that would require a lot of belief in what I wanted to do).

I also started learning about marketing (focusing on digital) for my next book launch and got so passionate about it I contract my services out to local brick and mortar businesses (I will assist with their social media content, write blogs, email campaigns, run their ads, re-do their website, and more). 

My intention is to be a fantastic agent to my inner circle, to service investors as a buyer's agent, and to carve out a niche in selling rural properties and farms, which are fantastic opportunities in Southern IL with overlooked investment potential. I also want to start adding to my own investment portfolio with the extra tools and knowledge that came with my licensing education. 

I love reading (I tend to digest 2-3 nonfiction books per week between reading and audio, and 2 longer, more casual fiction books per month) and have always found that my writing skills have helped me stand out in any field. So of course, I felt like writing an intro post before I even did all the housekeeping I need to do to get my profiles and branding in order for this new focus! 

As for Bigger Pockets--I ran across the books first, then listened to the podcast, and I knew when this day arrived I'd have to join the forums, where I've lurked in the past. 

Shout out to my wife, Krissy, who inspired me to take these steps. She started up a Rodan and Fields business (which had me rolling my eyes two years ago) but she crushed it and is a Level V who is taking me to Canada on one of her free trips this year. 

Sorry for the long intro, but I'm more writer than editor sometimes. Hope to beef up my presence here and connect w/ more people soon! 

Thanks for reading!

Fred

2Reply
13 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • George SkidisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Belleville, IL · Member since 2017 · 875 posts · 529 votes
    8y

    Hey, I am in Belleville "almost Neighbors. Been doing this since 1993.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    I've been looking at investing in the STL, MO market for a few weeks now. Do you have a team on that side of the line?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 20 votes
    8y
    I’m from southern il and have been thinking of investing there. What cities are you familiar with?
  • Real Estate Agent · Aviston, IL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Deanne Moore

    I don't have a team over there, but being so close I'd love to expand my reach in the future. 

    However, I know a guy who flips houses in the St. Louis area on that side of the river and his real estate agent is fantastic (according to him of course). I have analyzed a lot of deals in St. Louis since that's where I could get a lot of practice doing that, and a few have been purchased (and successful) on my recommendation. 

    I could lend a hand if you like, maybe get that agent's info or otherwise help out? I think STL is a solid investment space; there is a TON of federal employment which is quite stable, and Scott AFB on the IL side is one of the area's largest employers, and that's all federal. Just a matter of picking the right spots. When I'm in St. Louis it seems like you can be in a wonderful area in one moment, and then take a wrong turn and in two seconds you are checking to see if your doors are locked!

  • Real Estate Agent · Aviston, IL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Erica Shaunta Thompson

    I'm located in Aviston, IL, and I'm highly familiar with all the surrounding cities and most of the metro east. Thanks to my network, I have a lot of "good old boys" in the more south-central area of Illinois that feed me a ton of information, but like I said, sometimes a lot of that is farmland and rural property, which are often overlooked as investments since buyers don't rush to them and they're often off of the MLS. We're seeing a lot of foreign and out of state buyers snapping up large tracts of land throughout Illinois.

    If you're truly in southern Illinois (such as the Carbondale area) I don't have as much reach, but since that's a college town, I've analyzed deals down there for an investor friend (he was looking at a mobile home park and some multi-units). 

    I will say that Aviston is my personal residence after I did due diligence in 2010; it's a fast-growing small town with a rising median income and a lot of development with a great school district (the elementary school is quite new and well-regarded). That trend is continuing and even though the population is 1200 as of the last census, houses continue being built and anything that's new is selling extremely fast. We got an Edward Jones that was just built here, and that's before we even got a grocery store! In all the walks I've taken in Aviston, I have a lot of regrets--foreclosed houses I should have bought, doors I should have knocked on, etc. On the north side of town, you'll see a lot of metro east people building 500k houses on the north side of town that end up being the size of mansions and then just making the 35 minute commute to St. Louis.

    If you'd like to connect, I can get you into my database! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Fred, that would be great. I agree wholeheartedly about STL which is why I'm looking to build some wealth in that area. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks, @fred venturini.

  • Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP and hello fellow IL resident. I'm planning to make it to the St Clare tax lien sale on the 24th. I messaged you as well with some more info.

  • Investor · Centralia, IL · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP.  Good to see someone else from southern Illinois on here.  We are from Centralia.  Interestingly enough my wife is actually under Krissy at Rodan and Fields, small world. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.