New investor from Westminster, CA looking to learn about rentals

New investor from Westminster, CA looking to learn about rentals

Fresno · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes

My name is Mathew, I'm 25 years old and I am from Westminster, CA (SoCal). I found Bigger Pockets through my brother.

I am trying to learn more about property management, systems and essentially all of the work that relates to finding, acquiring and managing rentals. I recently graduated physical therapy school and I'm going to be working as a travel therapist. I'll be able to choose to work 3-6 month contracts in different parts of the US so I'm hoping to take advantage by working in different areas with promising rental markets. 

I'm interviewing for jobs in West Virginia and Texas to start in Feb 2018.

Looking forward to learning from and working with you all!

0Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mount Nebo, WV · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 68 votes
8y
Nice! Where in West Virginia are you interviewing? I’m in south central WV—it would be sweet to grab lunch sometime if you end up in this area.
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    8y

    Hey @Mathew Hilton

    Welcome to BP! Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Nebo, WV · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 68 votes
    8y
    Nice! Where in West Virginia are you interviewing? I’m in south central WV—it would be sweet to grab lunch sometime if you end up in this area.
  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Mathew Hilton welcome to BP. I would suggest checking out the local meet ups here in the OC. I’m working on two flips in Mission Viejo and Ladera Ranch. I just put a property into contract in Laguna Hills. The deals are out there if your willing to hustle. What your looking to do is easily teachable if you find the right mentor. Good Investing.
  • Fresno · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Timothy Doenges I'll be finding out the employer and location likely tomorrow, my recruiter is going to let me know, but definitely! It'd be great to meet, I don't know anybody in WV.

  • Fresno · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Joe Homs thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into the local meet ups.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Mathew Hilton, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.