New member in Southern/Mid-Coast Maine

New member in Southern/Mid-Coast Maine

Real Estate Agent · Lewiston, ME · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I have been a member of Bigger Pockets for a few months and really enjoy reading about peoples’ first deal. My primary focus for the past months has been education; I am reading The Book on Rental Property Investing, Bigger Pockets discussions, and listening to BP podcasts. I am looking forward to building a network in Maine. I am currently living out of state with the intention of moving to the Sagadahoc County area in the summer of 2019. I am currently working on building a savings in order to purchase a small multifamily before moving back to Maine. I would love hear from experienced investors about this process, specifically about when to get pre-qualified and how to begin the process from out-of-state. 

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Bath, ME · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 29 votes
8y
Welcome indeed Sarah Bunch . I own a house in Bath. It’s a great market. Just ask if you have any questions. This is a great community.
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 263 posts · 186 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Sarah Camic!

  • Investor · Bath, ME · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 29 votes
    8y
    Welcome indeed Sarah Bunch . I own a house in Bath. It’s a great market. Just ask if you have any questions. This is a great community.
  • Bob LangworthyPro Member
    Accountant · Brunswick, ME · Member since 2017 · 352 posts · 242 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP, @Sarah Camic! I live in Sagadahoc County and find it to be a great, central area of the state to live in and raise a family. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, ME · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Sarah Camic, 

    The sooner you start speaking with lenders the better so you can work on credit items if necessary. There are a couple low or no money down loans that I am aware of, in addition to FHA loans, that you may be able to use for your first 2-4 unit. If you are looking for loan options, then send me a PM and I'll give you the info about the loans and the lenders and explain the process if you like. My wife and have a duplex and a triplex in Cumberland County and we have found owning and managing small multi-unit buildings to be rewarding.

  • Real Estate Agent · Lewiston, ME · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Ryan Cox for the welcome!

    @John West and @Bob Langworthy, it's good to hear from investors that like the area. I am really looking forward to moving there. 

    Thank you @David Marshall for reaching out. I am full of questions. Will be sending you a PM. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Biddeford, ME · Member since 2017 · 213 posts · 150 votes
    8y

    @Sarah Camic Welcome to BP! It is never too early to explore financing as that is usually the biggest hurdle in the whole process. I am a Realtor, Investor, and Developer in Southern Maine and would be happy to connect you with some great resources as soon as you are ready. If I can help in any way, then please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.