Newbie from Denver, CO

Newbie from Denver, CO

Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 17 votes

Hi Everyone,

    My name is Erin Carpenter and I am a new investor from Denver, CO. I have one deal to my name (a condo I bought, lived in, then rented, then finally sold for a large profit). I'm excited to be here and to learn!

I am interested in out-of-state investing beginning with B-class SFH using the BRRR method, then possible moving into multifamily and I learn more. My goal is cash-flow with appreciation being 'icing on the cake.'

I'm currently targeting the Indianapolis market and will be making a 'scouting trip' out there Feb 22-23 to meet with some property managers, brokers, turnkey folks, and learn more about the neighborhoods. I've got financing all lined up and I'm ready to make offers once I target the specific neighborhoods I'd like to buy in.

The skills I bring to starting my real estate investing journey are: good research skills, some experience, a support in my husband who is an MBA and also worked as a commercial RE agent back in the day, a cool head, and a thirst for knowledge. I am always trying to have realistic expectations and bring value to others in whatever capacity I can. I'm also very good at saving money and managing our personal finances so that we have cash on had to work with and go after opportunities. I've been a landlord for a few years and learned a lot in that process. 

If you'd like to connect while I'm in Indy I would love to meet you! If you're in Denver I'd love to connect as well. 

Happy Tuesday everyone!

3Reply
16 views

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Tony Ogden Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Littleton, CO · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Hi!  We are in Denver as well and looking to invest out of state for cash flow.  We have one rental in the Cleveland area (kept as a rental when we relocated to Colorado) but we're not tied to that region for future investments so we are still narrowing down where we want to invest going forward.  Welcome!

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    Hey. I am a real estate investor in Denver that recently bought out of state in a much cheaper market.  I bought a mixed use property in St Louis three months ago and am just finishing up the renovations on it. Check out my post on it. 

    I do real estate investment full time now after successfully purchasing a few great properties here in Denver. 

    I need to check out the next Denver meet up. 

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Jennifer Delmore Thanks! I am right now negotiating my first out-of-state rental purchase. It's exciting and a little scary!

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @John Krauklis I'm going to try my best to make it to the next Denver meet up, so hope to meet you there. I'm also buying out-of-state so I'd love to compare notes. 

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    When is a meetup next?  I don’t see any listed in events. I might have to start one and get a regular one going. 

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    @John Krauklis, Denver has a monthly meetup, hosted by @Anson Young and @Dan Mackin . You  just missed it on Monday this week. There is an  Erie meetup on March 7.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.