Newbie from the greater twin cities; bloomington to be specific

Newbie from the greater twin cities; bloomington to be specific

Bloomington, MN · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hello Everyone!

I am a noob here at Bigger Pockets.  I am a 18 year old male from bloomington Minnesota that has always been interested in renting and flipping houses from a young age.  I am currently attending Jefferson Senior High as a Junior.  I am interested in real estate because of the idea of passive income.  I want to make money while I attend college to help pay for college and to save to start a business down the line.  I found Bigger Pockets on youtube from one of their videos.  I am excited to start networking with some professionals in my area, and hopefully learn a little along the way.

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Danvers, MA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 6 votes
8y

Biggest recommendation I think you will receive consists of becoming an agent while you are attending college OR working for a property management + contractor. 

All three of these options will give you a taste or renting or flipping. Ideally is you play your cards right you might be able to house hack while you're in college. 

Personally I grew up working on houses with my dad and I have learned a lot. I have also learned a ton from conversations and connections about other areas of Real Estate. 

Welcome! You're in the right place!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Danvers, MA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Biggest recommendation I think you will receive consists of becoming an agent while you are attending college OR working for a property management + contractor. 

    All three of these options will give you a taste or renting or flipping. Ideally is you play your cards right you might be able to house hack while you're in college. 

    Personally I grew up working on houses with my dad and I have learned a lot. I have also learned a ton from conversations and connections about other areas of Real Estate. 

    Welcome! You're in the right place!

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome @Paul Kelley!

    Let me know if you want to grab coffee and definitely come to one of our upcoming meetups!

  • Rental Property Investor · MN · Member since 2017 · 864 posts · 555 votes
    8y

    Hey Paul! Welcome. Glad to hear you are interested in all of this, and at such a young age!

    Im from the North Metro (near Blaine), just getting started myself (closing on my first property soon). Feel free to reach out whenever!!

    Cheers to a bright future :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.