Newbie in Western Chicago Suburb

Newbie in Western Chicago Suburb

Flipper/Rehabber · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 5 votes

Hello all,

My name is Carl King and  I came to this website on a recommendation from my brother-in-law, who has done investing for about a decade. I've previously owned a single-family rental property in Fort Worth, Texas and a landscaping business. A friend and I are discussing what a partnership might look like, but in the interim I am reading a lot and building my knowledge on real estate investing. I'll work in Saint Charles, IL and surrounding areas on value add for multi-family and condos. 

2Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2010 · 105 posts · 52 votes
8y

Welcome, @Carl King!!  Also consider checking out CAREIA http://careia.org/index.php which meets RIGHT on Rt. 88 in Lisle once/month.  Occasionally their speakers have something to sell but always educational and meaningful.  I wouldn't go to any of the various organizations free events as they are generally meat markets.  ;)

You can find so. much. information right here on BP, but it's always nice to get out and meet people who are in various phases of the business and hear their lessons learned and what's on their plate.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2010 · 105 posts · 52 votes
    8y

    Welcome, @Carl King!!  Also consider checking out CAREIA http://careia.org/index.php which meets RIGHT on Rt. 88 in Lisle once/month.  Occasionally their speakers have something to sell but always educational and meaningful.  I wouldn't go to any of the various organizations free events as they are generally meat markets.  ;)

    You can find so. much. information right here on BP, but it's always nice to get out and meet people who are in various phases of the business and hear their lessons learned and what's on their plate.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thanks everyone for the kind comments and recommendations. Going through them while trying to get some offers accepted. @Heather DeGeorge, I intend to drop in one night. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.