New Investor Starting In San Antonio, Texas

New Investor Starting In San Antonio, Texas

Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 10 votes

Hello everyone my name is Lue. I'm a veteran out of the Marine Corps now working with a pest control company. I'm pretty young, but know that I take my work and money very serious. I grew up broke and promised myself that when I grew up and had a family of my own that it will never happen to them.

I'm new to the real estate game. I've been on bigger pockets for about a  year just studying and learning as much as I can. As many of you know there is never to much to learn. Now that I've gotten the a lot of the basics down it is time for me to take the next step. Which for me is to start being active on the forums and linking up with people who can help me on the path to being financially free, so I have made it a goal to either reach out to someone, post something in the forums  or comment on a post at least once a day , so don't be surprised if you get a random message from me one day haha. At the moment I'm currently looking for a duplex or triplex to house hack as I will start going to college in San Antonio. If anyone would like to help with any bit of knowledge or connections with people that would be beneficial for a new person as myself that would be very appreciated. After my first purchase I am looking to do acquire more properties, so if you are ever looking for a partner I am always willing to sit down and discuss options.  As previously stated I work in pest control so if you are ever having a current bug issue I can more than likely offer advice on that as well.

1Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 155 posts · 76 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP Lue! Their is a plethora of knowledge on these forums and members are more than willing to help you out. I look forward to connecting and networking with you soon!

  • Lender · Austin, TX (NMLS #1674054) · Member since 2016 · 108 posts · 50 votes
    8y

    Hi @Lue Brooks!

    Thanks for your service and welcome to the REI world. I think it's smart for you to begin your journey with a house hack.

    I'd suggest talking to @Sterling Williams. He's a very knowledgeable realtor, who focuses on multifamily in San Antonio. He stays on top of everything on and off market and will help you find a property that helps you meet your goals. I actually use him for my personal multifamily investing in SA. 

    He's a great guy to have on your team and is connected to amazing people in the area. 

    Good luck in your search and let me know if you have any lending questions I can help answer! 

    Brooke

  • lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 282 posts · 156 votes
    8y

    @Lue Brooks nice goal of starting with being active in the forums, reaching out to others here etc.

    As a matter of fact, as a fellow newbie I made a similar commitment, but since I had just read the book '10x rule' by Grant Cardone at the time, I decided to try to 10x my posts of that time (I was at 50 posts then) to 500. I am slowly inching my way towards that number :)

    I decided that to help me get ahead I would do about 10 posts a day, 5 days a week which would get me going at 50 posts a week. In being so active in the forums I have also been reaching out to others and as a side effect have over 100 connections here on BP.

    Enough about me: I wish you the best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.