Newbie from Bay Area!

Newbie from Bay Area!

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone! 

My name's Melissa and I'm diving into the world of fix and flips in the Bay Area! I'm currently in SF proper, but looking for flips in East Bay or Solano County. 

My background is in customer service and TV/Film production -- a clear path to real estate, don't you think?! I'm learning everything I can about the real estate world and eager to learn by doing. My goal is to own one property and begin rehab by the end of the year. Long term goals include more flips once I get through #1, and buy and hold rentals. 

I will need all the help I can get, so say hello below! Can't wait to meet everyone :) 

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 76 votes
    8y

    Hey Melissa, welcome to BP! Tons to learn here on the forums and in blog posts. Also check out the podcasts for some great lessons on REI on your commute or excersise or whenever!

    Good luck on your journey!

  • Jana CainPro Member
    Enrolled Agent · Richmond, CA · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 148 votes
    8y

    @Melissa Rosen Welcome to BP! I encourage you to check out the meetups - both those promoted here in the Events section, as well as on Meetup.com. There are quite a few active Bay Area REI groups that have some great events. I've gone to three in the past 8 days that were all excellent and I didn't see the same people at any of them!

    Best wishes to you in your flipping pursuits!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    Welcome aboard Melissa and best of luck investing!

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    8y

    @Melissa Rosen welcome to BiggerPockets!  It seems like a simple thing, but reaching out in BiggerPockets about getting started as a real estate investor is a great first step.

    I was just like you when I started out...digesting information from all over the place.  Your goal is very realistic and I'm sure you'll reach that goal if you put everything you've learned into action, Melissa.

    One thing that has given me great success that I would like to share with you is sending out blind offers to owners.  As you may know, real estate investing is a numbers game; and the more offers you send out, the more interested sellers will call you back and the more deal you'll close.

    Happy to help further. Just PM me when you get a free moment.  Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome and the advice! It means so much to have the support of a community like this :) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.